User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Wi-Fi / PokeOnline RMT Greatest Hits [OU Nominations and Archive]
Edited: Oct 02, 2011   /   Sep 17, 2011    10:42 AM
Fmp786
Battling aficionado

402 9 0 0

RMT Greatest Hits [OU Nominations and Archive]
Welcome GTS'ers to our very first 5th Gen OU RMT Nominations and Archive thread.

For too long now, the hardwork our fellow members put into their RMT's have gone unrecognised or unappreciated by our community. Through this thread we will remedy this situation by showcasing the brilliance, hardwork and effort shown by your teams. This will also prove to be useful for members who want to look at great teams for inspiration or as a foundation for their own teams.

Well-built, excellently presented, successful teams will be linked here to chronicle the highlights of the 5th Generation metagame

How this thread will work: 

• Here you will nominate, by post, teams that you believe are worthy of being showcased to the GTS community. Do not post teams that do not follow our RMT layout or nominate teams that just look flashy with lengthy descriptions and a colourful threat list. (posting RMT's that do not follow regulations will be reported and you may be infracted as a result of wasting precious space in this thread -- you have been warned!)  

• When you nominate a team, a justification of why you have chosen this team must be provided. A few scentences highlighting the RMT's strength will suffice, whether this be in success, creating a new strategy, showing off innovative sets or presenting an excellent analysis of the metagame.

• The team that is being nominated only needs to be posted on once. Seeing posts like "Yeah I agree with X that Y's team should be nominated" will not help their cause of being chosen. Therefore do not do it as you are just wasting space.. There will be a panel of members that are proven and skilled RMT'ers that will help select those teams worthy of being put on for display. 

• Please do not nominate yourself. If you think your team is truly worth some praise than it will surely be recognised by our community. 

• Members that have passed through nominations may sit back and enjoy whilst their team will be shown here on the opening post, for other members to see your success.   

Here's the format for nominating teams. Failure to follow this format will result in your post being ignored: 

Title of the team: Make sure to hyper-link to the actual thread. 

Justification: Brief summary of why you think the team should be added.

For example;

Title of Team: Team X

Justification: This team is proof that you do not need to run weather to succeed. It peaked at #1 which shows how well it performs in the metagame. In a metagame "ruled" by weather Mr.A was able to construct a well rounded, powerful anti-weather team.

Pending nominations will be displayed here:

~ Confronting a Stormy Metagame

Finally without further delay, here is where the greatest 5th generation OU RMT's will be displayed:

~~ RMT Greatest Hits [OU]: ~~

[The Best Teams Of September 2011]

1#Days Of Ruin ~ OU RMT [Stall Team]

It is a very solid team, showing that weather is not needed to be successful in this weather filled metagame, as well as using innovative tools for Stall, such as CB Dragonite. It's also very creative, using an underrated spinner effectively coupled with a highly original Jirachi set that not many people use this gen thanks to Body Slam / Iron Head hax. A great non-weather stall team!

2#Cover your bases! Team Overlap 1.0 [Stall Team]
this team is a great example of how to build a team with perfect synergy. Also when used right it is one of the best Stall teams of this moment. Finding a threat for this team is nearly impossible. So definitely worth mentioning in this thread. It also provides RMT makers with the standards RMT should be cosmetically - how to make a proper RMT.
it is a perfect weather countering team in this new weather metagame.

[Image: POLITOED.png]
^Credit goes to PatrickM1996^
~Drinking every night because we drink to my accomplishments~

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Sep 17, 2011    11:50 AM
zerokid
I be Buggin.

0 4 0 0

RE: RMT Greatest Hits [OU Nominations and Archive]
Title of the team: Confronting a Stormy Metagame

Justification: I'd like to nominate this certain RMT because of the idea and strategy behind it. The play through is very straight forward and can really put a dent on Sand Storm based teams. All the pokemon's roles are identified and explained while also giving the reader a good idea on what the team would do when faced in a situation. Because of the well thought out strategy and idea of the team, I believe this RMT should be featured for all others to see- possibly giving ideas to those who also might have a disdain feeling towards Sand Teams (Sand + Excadrill = doodoo).

Sep 18, 2011    7:42 AM
Fmp786
Battling aficionado

402 9 0 0

Title of the team: Days Of Ruin ~ OU RMT

Justification: It is a very solid team, showing that weather is not needed to be successful in this weather filled metagame, as well as using innovative tools for Stall, such as CB Dragonite. It's also very creative, using an underrated spinner effectively coupled with a highly original Jirachi set that not many people use this gen thanks to Body Slam / Iron Head hax. A great non-weather stall team!

Edited: Sep 18, 2011   /   Sep 18, 2011    2:00 PM
Auron
Collector & Battler

295 8 0 0

Title of the team: Cover your bases! Team Overlap 1.0

Justification: this team is a great example of how to build a team with perfect synergy. Also when used right it is one of the best Stall teams of this moment. Finding a threat for this team is nearly impossible. So definitely worth mentioning in this thread. It also provides RMT makers with the standards RMT should be cosmetically - how to make a proper RMT.

Edit: it is a perfect weather countering team in this new weather metagame.

My FC:

Kirby
3982 - 8119 - 6916

Oct 02, 2011    1:15 PM
Red Devil
Fire Elite VI

406 0 0 0

Title of the team: Thunder Elite VI

Justification: This is a mono electric team i made a while ago, the aim was to prove a monotype team can be completely viable.

[Image: enteisig.jpg]

Edited: Oct 02, 2011   /   Oct 02, 2011    2:25 PM
Fmp786
Battling aficionado

402 9 0 0

(Oct 02, 2011 1:15 PM)Red Devil wrote:

Title of the team: Thunder Elite VI

Justification: This is a mono electric team i made a while ago, the aim was to prove a monotype team can be completely viable.

(Sep 17, 2011 10:42 AM)Fmp786 wrote:

• Please do not nominate yourself. If you think your team is truly worth some praise than it will surely be recognised by our community. 

Please read the thread more carefully, especially the rules >.<

Feb 27, 2012    6:45 PM
Sietai
Trainer

0 0 0 0

Out of curiosity, are there any rules to what pokemon can be on the team? I only ask because the "Days of Ruin" team has a Jirache who I'm pretty sure isn't allowed in random battle (I could be wrong).

Then again, maybe holding restrictions on team pokemon isn't the way to go, (shame on nintendo).

What about multiples of the same item?

Edited: Feb 27, 2012   /   Feb 27, 2012    6:54 PM
Silver Skarmory
#winning

200 0 0 0

These are competitive battling teams that are created to go with our Tiers which can be found here: http://www.pokemongts.com/tiers-5g.php

So while Jirachi may not be accepted by Nintendo, it is supported by us.

You can have more of than one of the same item as long as you don't play with the Item Clause.

[Image: i4elg5.png]
Signature credit to Supernova-X.

(19:47:25) Silver Skarmory: Use Pokemon, and items that go good with them.
(19:47:51) DarkRyter: You're at the pinnacle of innovation skarm.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Connect

Affiliations

We currently have no affiliations.

Apply for Affiliation

Design

PokéSwitch / Dark
Design by Global Trade Station / Artwork by Darside