User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
An Illustrated Guide to ShinyGTS
Edited: Feb 09, 2012   /   Feb 09, 2012    8:13 PM
DarkSaiyanGirl
Trainer

0 0 0

RE: An Illustrated Guide to ShinyGTS
If I am only sending Pokemon to myself, do I need to go through all this port forwarding?
Also, in my router settings, I have found the port forwarding page, but there isn't a setting in the drop down list for TCP or UDP. Wtf?
No wait, I found the TCP and UDP settings, but there is another drop down list. Here's a screenshot of the port forwarding settings...
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p148/...usball.png
Also a pic of ShinyGTS after 39434938 attempts at sending a pokemon.
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p148/...tsshit.png
I'm just still wondering (as I am only trying to send to myself, not make public distributions) if this port forwarding is necessary. Also I haven't been using my public IP address in ShinyGTS, just my local one found in cmd>ipconfig/all.
Is it just a compatibility problem with the .pkm files? I have a 3DS, using Pokemon White.
Plz halp!

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Feb 16, 2012    2:20 AM
Xazel
GTS Unoriginal

649 0 0 0

(Feb 09, 2012 8:13 PM)DarkSaiyanGirl wrote:

If I am only sending Pokemon to myself, do I need to go through all this port forwarding?

Is it just a compatibility problem with the .pkm files? I have a 3DS, using Pokemon White.
Plz halp!

It's been a while since I touched this stuff, but I don't think you need port forwarding for local distributions. If you do though, it'll be UDP 53 and TCP 80, and also make sure antiviruses and firewalls let those ports through. Also, just to be sure, you did forward the ports to the IP on the computer that the program is being run on, right?

So from the picture, I see that the DNS turns itself off. Is that after a while, or when you try to connect?

If I remember right, I think there's some issue when using a 3DS as opposed to a normal DS. It has to do with the password coding, I think. If you're WEP then I -think- you should be fine. If you're able to connect to the internet at all, then you're fine, and don't worry about any of this.

By the way, if you ever plan on doing public distro's, you really don't need to black out your IP since you'll be using that as your DNS to be given out anyways, but then again, that's at your discretion.

Also, I wrote a guide on some similar topics a while back (File Trading, .pkm files, and using the IR-GTS). If you want to have a look at it to see if there's anything in there to help you, here's the link: http://www.pokemongts.com/showthread.php?tid=92646

*As a last note, try changing your connection type to Static or Dynamic and see if that does anything. I remember once that it helped me for distros.

In the short time we spent together, I'm glad we were able to have each other as friends.
[Image: 7ffgxzr]
Click here for help with: File Trading, .pkm files, IR-GTS [with video and mac support]

Sep 23, 2012    10:13 AM
Away
Dweebatron
Trainer

103 0 0 0

Maybe it's my router setting but it gives me an error when I start GTS. DNS starts without a problem but the GTS won't connect at all. My firewalls allow GTS to go through but GTS just won't start. I'm new so I can't post a link of the error yet..

Dec 12, 2013    12:12 PM
ReignOfComputer
~éXtRéMé HaXoR~

809 1 0 1

Noting that Shiny2 is the successor to ShinyGTS and should be used instead.

I've also just finished updating Shiny2 to finally be stable.

RoC's PC || The Global Terminal [CLOSED]
(09:21:47) +Avia: It's all broken!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Connect

Affiliations

We currently have no affiliations.

Apply for Affiliation

Design

PokéSwitch / Dark
Design by Global Trade Station / Artwork by Darside