User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pokémon Home launches, introduces a new Professor Oak!
Feb 11, 2020    9:57 PM
Avia
No suckups, cash only.

222 15 0 27

Pokémon Home launches, introduces a new Professor Oak!
https://www.polygon.com/2020/2/11/211340...pp-release

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020_02_11_at_8.35.30_PM.0.png]

Pokémon Home, the cloud service app that allows trainers to store monsters for easier transfers across titles, is now live on the Nintendo Switch eShop. Beyond utility, there’s good reason to use the service — Home on console gifts all players a Pikachu. The mobile version, which is also now live, lets players choose between Charmander, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur. The Kanto starter you pick on mobile will come with a hidden ability.

The app also introduces fans to a new version of Professor Oak. This one has long hair and has funky glasses and is called Grand Oak. Previously, Game Freak included Professor Oak’s cousin in Pokémon Sun and Moon, and while they weren’t the same character, everyone referred to him as “Alolan Oak.”

Pokémon Home allows players to import monsters from Pokémon Sword and Shield, Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu, Pokémon Go, and Pokémon Bank. These creatures, in turn, can then be brought into Pokémon Sword and Shield — meaning that the Pokédex, which was previously limited, has now expanded. This should make lots of Dexit people who criticized the smaller compendium in the Nintendo Switch games much happier.

Players can enroll into a Premium Plan, which costs money depending on how long you want a subscription. Thirty days costs $2.99, 90 days costs $4.99, while a year costs $15.99. Premium Plans allow users to store up to 6,000 Pokémon, while also gaining access to other features, such as a service that tells you how strong your monsters are. The basic plan, which is free to everyone, allows the storage of up to 30 monsters.

Now that the feature is live, players have access to 35 new monsters in Sword and Shield, including previous starters such as Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Charmander. The full list can be viewed here.

Update: Pokémon Home is now available for download on iOS and Android.

I'll be preparing clones to move from Bank to Home :)

I'm all for giving away clone freebies!

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Lotus
Feb 19, 2020    8:56 PM
Lotus
Poke-Maniac

195 0 0 1

RE: Pokémon Home launches, introduces a new Professor Oak!
I had no idea this included Pokemon Go too, I downloaded it and immediately deleted it since I didn't get the other games.
(Also because I just don't read the descriptions carefully lol)
Thank you so much for posting this.
Super excited to transfer the shinies I have on POGO to Sword.
Hopefully I can complete my Dex faster!

Feb 20, 2020    12:16 AM
Avia
No suckups, cash only.

222 15 0 27

You have Pokemon Go? You should add me!

Feb 20, 2020    2:37 PM
FlameTheDragon
Friendly Dragon

809 0 0 8

You should add me too. I'm gonna try for a second melmetal to send over to the game.

Feb 20, 2020    3:40 PM
Lotus
Poke-Maniac

195 0 0 1

I do! And I'll definitely add both of you shortly (: (Soon as I find your info for both Switch and POGO) :P
I'm slowly recalling how to check for these things / exploring the updates this site has had since my last login 10+ years ago haha.
My shiny list has increased so much thanks to Pokemon Go, I'm so excited to be able to transfer them.

Feb 27, 2020    6:58 AM
Away
Nightwing
~Sacred Rose Leader~

493 3 0 0

So I had an idea if I created a 3rd account on my switch I can start a new game link that game to my home and then trade pokemon between both accounts, does anyone know if that is possible because I've tried just about everything.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Connect

Affiliations

We currently have no affiliations.

Apply for Affiliation

Design

PokéSwitch / Dark
Design by Global Trade Station / Artwork by Darside