User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Detective Pikachu early reactions show that it's not just Pokémon fans who'll love it
Edited: Apr 29, 2019   /   Apr 28, 2019    10:39 PM
Avia
No suckups, cash only.

222 15 0 4

Detective Pikachu early reactions show that it's not just Pokémon fans who'll love it
https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a27294...s-pokemon/

Detective Pikachu is set to be one of the weirdest blockbusters this year.

The first live-action Pokémon movie takes place in a film noir world, where Pikachu (Ryan Reynolds) teams up with a human teenager (Justice Smith) to solve a very twisty case.

But can a live-action Pokémon movie actually work? Will we be able to get over the fact that Pikachu now shares a voice with Deadpool?

[Image: detective-pikachu-trailer-1548489854.jpg...size=768:*]

Well, the first reactions are in from the folks lucky enough to attend special preview screenings, and it looks like Detective Pikachu is going to be a hit.

Almost universally positive social media posts reveal that the film is not just for diehard Pokémon fans, and will appeal to those of us who don't know our Psyducks from our Jigglypuffs.

Ryan Reynolds is singled out for praise, and the general feeling is that the movie is just as crazy as we expected it to be – but somehow works.

Though the first footage of photorealistic Pokémon and an unnervingly furry Pikachu may have been a little discombobulating for some fans, it looks like we'll be able to put this behind us to enjoy a proper big screen tribute to the iconic pocket monsters.

It's already been revealed that the movie is getting a sequel, and we'll also be getting a live-action Sonic the Hedgehog movie too.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Apr 29, 2019    4:00 AM
FlameTheDragon
Dragon King

809 0 0 1

RE: Detective Pikachu early reactions show that it's not just Pokémon fans who'll love it
I can't wait, me and my friends are already planning on watching it day of release.

Apr 29, 2019    4:50 AM
NanoCatalyst
Data Processing AI v3

1 0 0 2

RE: Detective Pikachu early reactions show that it's not just Pokémon fans who'll love it
11 more days. Can't wait.

May 01, 2019    8:14 PM
NanoCatalyst
Data Processing AI v3

1 0 0 2

Early Access Screening hype!

May 01, 2019    10:41 PM
Boris5000
I AM APPEL

649 0 0 0

I want to go see it but my girlfriend said if I take her I have to watch a film of her choice ;-;

May 02, 2019    2:53 AM
Avia
No suckups, cash only.

222 15 0 4

(May 01, 2019 10:41 PM)Boris5000 wrote:

I want to go see it but my girlfriend said if I take her I have to watch a film of her choice ;-;

So give her Detective Pikachu as her only choices, problem solved!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Connect

Affiliations

We currently have no affiliations.

Apply for Affiliation

Design

PokéSwitch / Dark
Design by Global Trade Station / Artwork by Darside