User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wi-Fi / PokeOnline Rate My Team/Advice?
Edited: May 03, 2016   /   May 03, 2016    3:00 PM
ShinyCresselia
Giveawayer

540 0 0 0

Rate My Team/Advice?
So, I was just wondering if anyone could rate or critique my team that I came up with? I know it's nowhere near perfect, but it was pretty much my first effort. I need help with items, natures and EVs if anyone's willing.

Meloetta @ (Undecided item)
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: (Undecided)
EVs: (Undecided)
Moves:
- Relic Song
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Thunderbolt

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
Moves:
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Steel Wing/ U-Turn/ Swords Dance

Aggron @ (Undecided Item)
Ability: Sturdy
Moves:
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace - Pixilate
Moves:
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Moves:
- Iron Tail
- Aqua Tail
- Hidden Power (Rock)
- Leaf Storm

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
Moves:
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch
- Protect

Thanks if you do decide to give feedback!

[Image: asteam1sig.png]
Snivy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Edited: May 03, 2016   /   May 03, 2016    10:13 PM
Team Plasma N
The Pokemon Guru

261 6 0 0

RE: Rate My Team/Advice?
Hey there,

It's been a while since I've battled, but let's see what I can do. Imo half of your Pokemon choices felt odd to me at first glance, but granted none of them have EVs, items, or natures atm. From the looks of it your team has a bunch of offensive moves, but barely any support. For now I'll start with what you've got so far. I've made "changes" in bold.

[Image: talonflame.gif]
Talonflame @Choice Band/Sharp Beak
Gale Wings
Adamant/Jolly 31/31/31/x/31/31
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Speed
Brave Bird | Flare Blitz | Roost/U-Turn | Swords Dance/Steel Wing

Seems like your heaviest hitter imo. STAB Brave Bird with priority is not to be trifled with. The nature depends on if you want more power or speed. The speed is needed if you want to outspeed something using Flare Blitz, otherwise you can spam Brave Bird and be good to go. Your moves in the last two slots depend on your item choice. If you go with Choice Band, I'd recommend U-Turn and Steel Wing. Otherwise if you have Sharp Beak I'd go with Roost and Swords Dance. The latter option allows you to set up to +2 and gives you the ability to heal.

[Image: gardevoir.gif]
Gardevoir @Gardevoirite
Trace (Pixilate on Mega)
Timid/Modest 31/x/31/31/31/31
EVs: 16 HP/8 Def/232 Sp.Atk/252 Speed
Hyper Voice | Psyshock | Focus Blast | Calm Mind/Taunt/Will-O-Wisp

You pretty much have the right idea with this one. In the last slot it depends on if you wanna set up and sweep or if you want more support. Will-O-Wisp halves your opponent's Attack and Taunt prevents your foe from setting anything up. Just be careful about your frail defense and HP.

[Image: serperior.gif]
Serperior @Life Orb
Contrary
Timid 31/x/31/30/31/30 (for HP Fire)
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk/4 Sp.Def/252 Speed
Leaf Storm | Dragon Pulse | Hidden Power (Fire) | Giga Drain

Now this is a fun one. Leaf Storm spam is something we've all been waiting for since Gen 5 lol. I'm unsure as to why you had HP Rock, but HP Fire covers you from being walled by Steel types and Dragon Pulse hits Dragons ofc. My guess is maybe you were afraid of Flying and Fire types? If that's the case then so far your only enemy atm is Heatran (and maybe Volcanion, not sure what the scene's been like with him released now), being able to take Talonflame's hits and maybe Gardevoirs (unless if you land that Focus Blast perhaps), it would be unwise to keep it in on those types regardless of it being a Heatran or not. The Life Orb allows your attacks to deal more damage and Giga Drain provides healing from Life Orb residual damage and whatnot.

As for your other three Pokemon... I would honestly say drop them. The one that made the least amount of sense was Lanturn. Imo they shouldn't be used in OU unless you absolutely love those Pokemon for some reason. Atm the team looks like it just hits stuff, there isn't much support going on in it. I'll see what else I can post later, it's pretty late atm.

[Image: mnwpnr2]
TSV: 2918 (Y) | 2420 (OR) | 1713 (Moon)
Thanks to CoolPikachu for the avi, & Skating Squirtle for the sig!

May 04, 2016    1:27 PM
ShinyCresselia
Giveawayer

540 0 0 0

RE: Rate My Team/Advice?
Thanks for your advice! I'll take it into account. I'm probably just going to stick with my Pokemon choices, as I spent a while balancing it out. I'll definitely make those changes though.

[Image: asteam1sig.png]
Snivy

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Connect

Affiliations

We currently have no affiliations.

Apply for Affiliation

Design

PokéSwitch / Dark
Design by Global Trade Station / Artwork by Darside