User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Official GTS - PoKéMoN Sun & Moon - Event for 2016!
Mar 06, 2016    7:35 AM
Josh14
CP's Apprentice

718 0 0 0

RE: GTS - PoKéMoN Sun & Moon - Event for 2016!
YASSS BACK FOR MORE OF THESEEE!!!
Battle Apprentice?
GREAT IDEA!!! My vote is this. Bring back the daily opening pokeball thing too Grin
(I beg for the battle rules to be VGC 2016...)

[Image: grunge_zps8df85b56.png]
I only trade at night GMT+8
(12:38:19) Josh14: Is it that when i come here everyone keeps quiet?? Or it has been so the whole time?
(12:44:22) +Avia: It's apparently when you come ;D

Find all posts by this user

Mar 06, 2016    10:32 AM
Team Plasma N
The Pokemon Guru

261 6 0 0

(Mar 06, 2016 7:35 AM)Josh14 wrote:

Only problem I see with this is the VGC 2016 banlist has been negatively received by VGC players. On top of that I can only list about two good VGC players on here (Zangoose and Stormfront), meaning this would limit the amount of teachers we have.

TSV: 2918 (Y) | 2420 (OR) | 1713 (Moon)

Mar 06, 2016    3:02 PM
Legend
GTS Normal Gym Leader

809 2 0 0

(Mar 06, 2016 10:32 AM)Team Plasma N wrote:

(Mar 06, 2016 7:35 AM)Josh14 wrote:

Only problem I see with this is the VGC 2016 banlist has been negatively received by VGC players. On top of that I can only list about two good VGC players on here (Zangoose and Stormfront), meaning this would limit the amount of teachers we have.

I agree with TPN here, VGC rules are also built around making battles quick for on site competitions sake, but we have weeks if not months for this event to take place, so that isn't a constraint. Along with the VGC banlist and how foreign it's format and strategies are to regular competitive battling, which is used by the overwhelming majority of all on site official battling, it's a bit away from the ways most of the people seeking to battle actually do battle. I think people seeking to get into competitive battling will have an easier time getting into regular OU format battles over VGC, which would be made harder by TPN's point on lack of skilled coaches.

(20:40:29) +Avia: Legend
(20:40:38) +Avia: Please refer TPM as the "Nose Picker", thanks

Mar 06, 2016    3:17 PM
Team Plasma N
The Pokemon Guru

261 6 0 0

(Mar 06, 2016 3:02 PM)Legend wrote:

I agree with TPN here, VGC rules are also built around making battles quick for on site competitions sake, but we have weeks if not months for this event to take place, so that isn't a constraint. Along with the VGC banlist and how foreign it's format and strategies are to regular competitive battling, which is used by the overwhelming majority of all on site official battling, it's a bit away from the ways most of the people seeking to battle actually do battle. I think people seeking to get into competitive battling will have an easier time getting into regular OU format battles over VGC, which would be made harder by TPN's point on lack of skilled coaches.

Pretty much. And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying void VGC altogether, after all our leagues now use that format. Being able to teach both VGC and standard OU would be good, it's just I can only think of the two users I mentioned as viable candidates for VGC coaching.

Mar 13, 2016    8:07 AM
Debadabom190
Trainer

0 0 0

I was just curious, but do you think that Pokémon Sun & Moon will have every legendary in the game, (like half in one game and half in the other) so you would not have to trade for the legendary you're looking for? Because I was at least trying to get someone like Arceus or Zekrom or Dialga or anyone to get by trading in Pokémon X and Y, but the person expects for you to have every single event Pokémon that you could get, which I think is pretty annoying, especially when all you could see almost all the time is people wanting Genesect and Meloetta every single time. Errr.... XD

Edited: Mar 13, 2016   /   Mar 13, 2016    8:36 AM
Je Vous Defie
Trainer

718 0 0 0

If you're able to trade from X/Y/OR/AS to Sun/Moon, they might not have all of the legendaries available in the 7th gen, unfortunately. I'm basing this off of the Gen 4 and 5. In Gen 4 you were still able to transfer (completely free of charge) your pokemon to gen 5, so they made transfer required to get something like Dialga in Gen 5.

The reason all legendaries are available in X/Y/OR/AS is because a lot of changes were made. The new Transporter is not exactly free as it requires subscription to the Bank. When the Bank and Transporter were announced, Nintendo also announced (somewhere in that timeframe) that all pokemon could be caught in the 6th gen. Also, the wifi for 5th and lower gens were discontinued. I don't think that has actually ever happened before. (Please correct me if I'm wrong).

And just to throw this out there, if you're looking for specific legendaries, you should try posting the ones you still need in the trading threads. Lots of people are there helping out :)

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7952-6028
OR/AS IGN: Kristine
S/M IGN: Jayda

Mar 13, 2016    11:12 AM
Team Plasma N
The Pokemon Guru

261 6 0 0

We might see more legendaries in the other 7th Gen games. In the initial release in a new gen game, we usually get the new legends in the generation, then there's usually an upgraded version allowing for a little more legends, then remakes of previous generations allowing for both old and new legends. Either way, there's a VERY small chance of having every single legend in Sun and Moon.

Mar 13, 2016    2:11 PM
Gamer_Jackel
Aspiring Trainer

172 0 0 0

I'm still all for that pun-off

IGN: Sam

Mar 14, 2016    8:32 AM
Trainer_Fritz
Trainer

185 0 0 0

(Feb 29, 2016 3:38 PM)Avia wrote:

Event idea:

Battling Apprentices.

We'll enlist a group of experienced battlers and another group of rookies.
Experienced battlers will be assigned a rookie they have to train & teach.
The rookies will later be pitted against each other in a mini-tournament.
All participants will earn points.

I like this idea, there are always new players and even old players that could use some helpful guidance when it comes to raising their team properly and when it comes to EV and other hidden or not-so-obvious aspects, it can get confusing. (I'm not even sure I'm doing it properly, but with the training games in X,Y & Alpha/Omega I think I have a better strategy where when I know I'm going to use a certain Pokémon I train their EV to the max before I go battling with them so that they don't build up EV from battles that they don't need. It seems to help anyway...) I think a lot of people would benefit from having a Mentor or something similar.

-Fritz

3DS Friend Code 3755-2042-5568

Apr 20, 2016    7:39 PM
legofan117
The New Endou

400 0 0 0

(Mar 14, 2016 8:32 AM)Trainer_Fritz wrote:

(Feb 29, 2016 3:38 PM)Avia wrote:

Event idea:

Battling Apprentices.

We'll enlist a group of experienced battlers and another group of rookies.
Experienced battlers will be assigned a rookie they have to train & teach.
The rookies will later be pitted against each other in a mini-tournament.
All participants will earn points.

I like this idea, there are always new players and even old players that could use some helpful guidance when it comes to raising their team properly and when it comes to EV and other hidden or not-so-obvious aspects, it can get confusing. (I'm not even sure I'm doing it properly, but with the training games in X,Y & Alpha/Omega I think I have a better strategy where when I know I'm going to use a certain Pokémon I train their EV to the max before I go battling with them so that they don't build up EV from battles that they don't need. It seems to help anyway...) I think a lot of people would benefit from having a Mentor or something similar.

-Fritz

I like the idea of having a mentor, since I'm a moderate battler, but I could be shown quite a few pointers when doing pokemon battles. :) It would really help out, and make the game a lot more enjoyable for people and get them into competitive battling as well.

[Image: 8Fi6Hyq.png]
Signature made by DragonKeeper422

Briaah: I liekz fuzzy :3

Click Here for my New Breeding Shop!

Apr 25, 2016    1:29 AM
MaxPokeBreeder
Competitive Breeder

709 0 0 0

I haven't posted in about a year and feel like this is an appropriate time...

I'm all for the mentor/student idea

I'm a breeding freak and dont fight with pokemon until there 6IV, rarer gender, best moves, EV trained etc.

And I would happily be a mentor if this idea goes ahead

Freind Code
2921 9231 0700
IGN: connor

Apr 25, 2016    4:49 PM
legofan117
The New Endou

400 0 0 0

(Apr 25, 2016 1:29 AM)MaxPokeBreeder wrote:

I haven't posted in about a year and feel like this is an appropriate time...

I'm all for the mentor/student idea

I'm a breeding freak and dont fight with pokemon until there 6IV, rarer gender, best moves, EV trained etc.

And I would happily be a mentor if this idea goes ahead

:P It does sound tempting, maybe it'll be a thing Grin

[Image: 8Fi6Hyq.png]
Signature made by DragonKeeper422

Briaah: I liekz fuzzy :3

Click Here for my New Breeding Shop!

Apr 26, 2016    4:31 AM
seishiro
Trainer

707 0 0 0

well i totally support the battle apprentice idea, since i'm not very good at competitive battle
if i could be trained by lord N that would be nice but anyone will do cause i really having difficult time at battle maison

also i've been thinking about runing a shop that offer several kind of service as a payback for what i receive from this site
so glad that was count for the event

my old 3ds is missing
my new fc is
2423 7607 7193
IGN viviane
my local time is same as central time, just 12 hour faster :P

May 10, 2016    9:37 AM
Avia
No suckups, cash only.

222 15 0 28

Okay, we have an accurate release date now, November 18th.

We'll look at running the event between mid or late June to late September or early October.

Edited: May 10, 2016   /   May 10, 2016    11:12 AM
Legend
GTS Normal Gym Leader

809 2 0 0

(May 10, 2016 9:37 AM)Avia wrote:

Okay, we have an accurate release date now, November 18th.

We'll look at running the event between mid or late June to late September or early October.

I think starting in June would be a good idea, I think the sooner we start the more we can roll with the excitement of possibly newly revealed things about the new games to keep up hype for the event, or rather it'd be good if we can get it going alongside new info coming out to keep hype up.

If we want to start soon though we need to finalize how we're going about it, and while most of that might be left to the site admins if we want to hop on the idea of battle apprentices (that almost everyone here has supported) which requires many more people to work as coaches we should start figuring out the exact plan for who can and wants to coach. It'd be a good idea to figure out who our coaches are and how they want to go about it so we can draw up the format for how we're doing the event.

That goes for any item in the events honestly, but with a project that involves that many people we should start sooner than later so we have more time to figure out how we're gonna make it work smoothly.

(20:40:29) +Avia: Legend
(20:40:38) +Avia: Please refer TPM as the "Nose Picker", thanks

May 10, 2016    5:17 PM
Strifefair
Breeder

493 0 0 0

The Battle apprentices sounds like a fun event, even thought i am a very bad when it comes too pokemon battles. mostly why i breed pokemon instead.

Edited: May 10, 2016   /   May 10, 2016    5:21 PM
Avia
No suckups, cash only.

222 15 0 28

Breeding will be your advantage :)

Breeding shop giveaways earn points.

May 11, 2016    8:14 PM
darkchaos11
Trainer

0 0 0

(May 10, 2016 5:21 PM)Avia wrote:

Ok so if breeding could be a big thing for it, how about a code for an egg for a previous gen pokemon? It may seem insignificant now, but I remember it happened for gen 5. Maybe it would inspire people to breed more and in doing so it could also inspire them to reach out and teach newcomers to breed eggs as well? By bredding they could help friends out and in turn meet new people to help as well.

May 11, 2016    9:19 PM
Avia
No suckups, cash only.

222 15 0 28

(May 11, 2016 8:14 PM)darkchaos11 wrote:

Ok so if breeding could be a big thing for it, how about a code for an egg for a previous gen pokemon? It may seem insignificant now, but I remember it happened for gen 5. Maybe it would inspire people to breed more and in doing so it could also inspire them to reach out and teach newcomers to breed eggs as well? By bredding they could help friends out and in turn meet new people to help as well.

I don't understand what you're suggesting. A code for an egg?

Edited: May 11, 2016   /   May 11, 2016    9:30 PM
darkchaos11
Trainer

0 0 0

(May 11, 2016 9:19 PM)Avia wrote:

(May 11, 2016 8:14 PM)darkchaos11 wrote:

I don't understand what you're suggesting. A code for an egg?

So in gen 5 they gave you an egg via mystery gift. What im saying is another event like that, but if not a code like the past darkrai event, then a via internet kind of event like the current shiny Xerneas. An egg would be not only a nice little bonus, but also a way to get new players to see the joy of hard work for getting the egg to hatch. It could make breeding a bigger thing in gen 7 besides for competitive that is.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Connect

Affiliations

We currently have no affiliations.

Apply for Affiliation

Design

PokéSwitch / Dark
Design by Global Trade Station / Artwork by Darside