User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Newbies Guide: TSV Abuse (hatching shinies)
Edited: Aug 18, 2016   /   Jan 10, 2016    3:11 PM
Team Plasma N
The Pokemon Guru

261 6 0 0

Newbies Guide: TSV Abuse (hatching shinies)
So you want to hatch legit shinies huh? Well you've come to the right place. This guide will help you hatch shinies efficiently rather than relying on pure luck. This guide assumes you are using Keysav2 for the first time. Once you've gotten toward the end where you save your "Keystream", you can skip through most of the process every time you decide to hatch more eggs.

Terms you'll need to know:

TSV: Trainer Shiny Value. Every save file has this value assigned to the player.

ESV: Egg Shiny Value. This is a value every egg is assigned when you receive it. If a trainer's TSV matches the egg's ESV, the egg is guaranteed to hatch shiny. This means you can trade an egg to someone with a matching TSV and it'll hatch shiny in their game.

What you'll need:

- A computer
- Keysav2
- Powersaves
- Box 1 and Box 2 must be empty when doing this process for the first time

For non-Powersaves users, Roxas will cover how to check your eggs without it.

Let's get started!

First things first, you'll need Box 1 and Box 2 to be completely empty when doing this process. If you have any Pokemon in these boxes, move them to another box, store then in Pokebank, release them (if you don't care about them), whatever you need to do.

[Image: HEPNKJ9.jpg]

[Image: D2HtBEK.jpg]

Next, put the parent Pokemon in the Daycare if you haven't done so already. Don't forget to let them hold a Destiny Knot and Everstone respectively if you want their IVs and Nature passed down. Now gather as many as up to a full box of eggs (or less). For this guide, I will be using 6 eggs. Place the eggs into box 1.

[Image: pz3fNc3.jpg]

Next, save your game TWICE. For some reason there's issues if you don't save it twice. If you must, save once, then reset the game software, and save again before powering the game off.

[Image: W63F6dq.jpg]

This is where you'll need your Powersaves. Put your cartridge in the Powersaves and plug it into your computer. Launch the Powersaves software and make a save file backup. Make sure you label it so you know that this file has the eggs in Box 1.

[Image: 9NKyM9p.png]

Put your cartridge back in your 3DS and launch the game once more. Put the eggs that are in Box 1 into Box 2 IN THE SAME ORDER AND SLOTS as Box 1.

[Image: LoHpyJB.jpg]

Just like with Box 1, save the game TWICE then shut the game off. Make another file backup with Powersaves and make sure to label it so you know the eggs are in Box 2.

Next, you must locate where your files you made are stored in your computer. It's most likely in C/Users/(your username)/Powersaves3DS. If you have a bunch of files, just sort them by date modified and grab the most recent files created. Copy and paste them into the folder containing Keysav2. Next, launch Keysav2.

[Image: i8bxzbK.png]

Once you've launched it, go into the options and select your game and language. Click on File 1 and open your BOX 2 save. Next, click on File 2 and open your BOX 1 save. Sounds strange, right? Next, click on "Break". You will get a message saying to save your "Keystream". Save it. In the keystream name it'll even tell you your OT and your TSV.

[Image: nBM1YLy.png]

Now that you have this saved, go into the SAV tab and click Open Sav. Locate whichever save file you want (Box 1 or Box 2). Select which Boxes you want displayed and then click Go. Your box data will be displayed below. You'll see what's inside the eggs. In my case, they're all Houndours with Timid Nature. You will be able to see their gender, their IVs, and even their Hidden Power type. At the very right (you may need to scroll), you will see a number inside square brackets beside the Hidden Power type. This is the egg's ESV. Now that you know it, trade the egg to someone whose TSV matches the egg's ESV. Have them hatch the egg then trade it back. You can find tons of people willing to help on reddit's SVExchange.

Since you've successfully saved your keystream, you no longer need to use two save files for checking your eggs in the future. You can just use 1 box and 1 save file, and no need to save for another keystream again. Just get the eggs, put them in Box 1, save twice, make the backup, and open the save in Keysav2 (make sure it's set to the correct game). There is a chance it may miss some eggs due to some glitches, in my example it failed to display my third egg's data as shown below. It displays 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6.

[Image: bvCIJy3.png]

Other than that, it usually doesn't miss eggs.

Up next is Roxas's post for those of you that don't own a Powersaves.

[Image: mnwpnr2]
TSV: 2918 (Y) | 2420 (OR) | 1713 (Moon)
Thanks to CoolPikachu for the avi, & Skating Squirtle for the sig!

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Edited: Jan 10, 2016   /   Jan 10, 2016    3:15 PM
Roxas
A key... blade?

13 1 0 0

RE: Newbies Guide: TSV Abuse (hatching shinies)
Checking TSV's and ESV's with Battle Videos and Keysav2

The video shows the method pretty much but uses KeyBV instead of KeySav2, KeySav2 is more developed and overall a more useful program.

For this method, you'll need the following things to check your TSV and ESVs.
  • A battle partner. Whether it be a friend, someone off here, or from a random battle online.
  • Forced saving disabled. This is located in your game's options section.
  • The V.s. Recorder to save battle videos. This is obtained at the Battle Resort in OR/AS, and Kiloude city in X/Y.
  • KeySav2 by Kaphotics.

Once you have everything and have the program download that's linked above, continue with the following instructions on how to extract your video. Please keep in mind that these battle videos aren't always in order and to locate your latest video, go by the modification date on your computer.

The BV's (Battle Videos) are saved on your SD/MicroSD card, depending on your 3DS Model.
  • AS: \Nintendo 3DS\*\*\extdata\00000000\0011c500\00000000\
  • OR: \Nintendo 3DS\*\*\extdata\00000000\0011c400\00000000\
  • X: \Nintendo 3DS\*\*\extdata\00000000\0000055d\00000000\
  • Y: \Nintendo 3DS\*\*\extdata\00000000\0000055e\00000000\

First Video save decryption

Each game can save up to 100 Saves per SD card. This process decrypts only one BV slot, you must do this before your first decryption on the game. BV's are always saved to the lowest slot available at the moment.

KeySav2 keeps tabs on what slots you have unlocked, so it's important that you make sure to use the same battle video slot that you're decrypting right now. To do this, you can delete each new BV from your SD/MicroSD card once you copied it over to your PC.

Now we begin the process.

1. Go to a Pokemon Center and stand in front of the PC. Do not move, that is essential if you wish for this to work.

2. Start up a battle with a friend of yours and bring 1 Pokemon with you, no others. Forfeit the battle immediately afterwards and save the BV.

3. Take your SD card and stick it in your SD Card reader in your PC. Copy the BV save from the SD card to a secure place on your PC. Add "-1" to its file name.

4. Delete the Battle Video from the SD Card and return the SD to the 3DS.

5. Return to Step 1 and then do another battle with a friend. This time you'll bring two pokemon. The first pokemon you enter can be random, but your second entry must be the same one you used in step 2 for the first BV.

6. Take your SD card and stick it in your SD Card reader in your PC. Copy the BV save from the SD card to a secure place on your PC. Add "-2" to its file name.

7. Delete the Battle Video again from the SD Card and return the SD to the 3DS.

8. Open KeySav2 by Kaphotics, select the "Options" tab and click on File 1 and load one of the BVs. Do the same for File 2.

9. Save the Keyfile it generates in the folder it suggests.

Checking your ESVs and TSVs.

Congrats, at this point you're almost done and are able to check as many eggs as you want, as long as you use the same slot in the future.

1. To check ESVs now, place 5 eggs in your party and save the game. Now you yatch them and then put them in your party and battle your friend. Forfeit the battle and save the BV.

2. Turn off your 3DS and remove the SD card and stick it into your computer. Load up KeySav2 and it should recognize your battle video, if not, copy the file from your SD card and try that way.

3. Delete the Battle Video from the SD Card and return the SD to the 3DS.

4. Go to the BV tab and load your video. If you're trying to check your TSV or someone else's, then before you open a SAV, select a export method that includes TSV's. This can be done in the "Options" tab.

5. 6. Click on Go and bam! You have successfully checked the ESVs and TSVs of the pokemon in the BV. If you're checking Eggs, restart your game without saving in order to revert the pokemon back to their un-hatched state.

[Image: Box_Roxas_Banner_by_Techdude7.png]
Thanks to Darside34 for the awesome avatar.
IGN: Roxas | FC: 4227-3707-7635 | TSV: 2569 (OR) | TSV: 0800 (Moon)
Check out this Homebrew/PKHeX and Distro thread for any of your Pokemon needs!

Jan 10, 2016    3:53 PM
neonpinkaj
Trainer

0 0 0

is it ok if I not do the complicated personal computer stuff on the one with pokemon center pc box 1 and 2 empty? its confusing me! TT_TT

Jan 10, 2016    4:02 PM
Roxas
A key... blade?

13 1 0 0

(Jan 10, 2016 3:53 PM)neonpinkaj wrote:

is it ok if I not do the complicated personal computer stuff on the one with pokemon center pc box 1 and 2 empty? its confusing me! TT_TT

Personal computer stuff? You need to have access to a computer, preferably some version of Windows to use KeySav or Powersaves. Both methods require it, but you need to have access to Powersaves with TPN's method. Emptying Box 1 and 2 is necessary for Powersaves to start, but it should be simple to clear them out.

Edited: Jan 15, 2016   /   Jan 15, 2016    12:00 PM
floralfolly
Florist

717 0 0 0

So.. I finally got my Powersaves in the mail, and installed the software and whatnot.
But I seem to be stuck.... the program just says No Local Content Available, and in the Powersaves/Codes tabs it just says Downloading Online Content... and it's been doing it for ages with no change @_@ I've tried changing the cord it came with, and it's not the net because I'm on my computer typing this right now............. is there something I can do to fix this? I can't find any info on Google, aside from people asking the same question(and not getting an answer) @_@
-EDIT-
I just tried it with AS and the Codes tabbed actually loaded... but X is supposed to work on this thing too right? grrrr @____@ it says X is supported right on the box

| FC: 2165 - 8948 - 8350 | IGN: Penny |
[Image: 1DVnJHi.jpg]

Jan 15, 2016    12:31 PM
Roxas
A key... blade?

13 1 0 0

(Jan 15, 2016 12:00 PM)floralfolly wrote:

So.. I finally got my Powersaves in the mail, and installed the software and whatnot.
But I seem to be stuck.... the program just says No Local Content Available, and in the Powersaves/Codes tabs it just says Downloading Online Content... and it's been doing it for ages with no change @_@ I've tried changing the cord it came with, and it's not the net because I'm on my computer typing this right now............. is there something I can do to fix this? I can't find any info on Google, aside from people asking the same question(and not getting an answer) @_@
-EDIT-
I just tried it with AS and the Codes tabbed actually loaded... but X is supposed to work on this thing too right? grrrr @____@ it says X is supported right on the box

It should work with X, but you don't need the online content section to TSV abuse. Maybe clean the cart and hold it in while it loads to see if anything different happens, or try running the program as admin.

Jan 15, 2016    12:53 PM
Dantech23
Trainer

0 0 0

can this work on a mac

Jan 15, 2016    12:56 PM
Roxas
A key... blade?

13 1 0 0

(Jan 15, 2016 12:53 PM)Dantech23 wrote:

can this work on a mac

It can if you can run Wine, but it Keysav doesn't have a native Mac download yet.

Jan 15, 2016    1:58 PM
floralfolly
Florist

717 0 0 0

(Jan 15, 2016 12:31 PM)Roxas wrote:

-EDIT-

It should work with X, but you don't need the online content section to TSV abuse. Maybe clean the cart and hold it in while it loads to see if anything different happens, or try running the program as admin.

It's not even letting me use the backup option though :c so that file that i need isn't there...

and do i need to physically take my 3ds apart to get the sd card out? why did they make it like that @_@ what if it breaks aaahhhhh!!
this clearly isn't something meant for me to figure out =_=

| FC: 2165 - 8948 - 8350 | IGN: Penny |
[Image: 1DVnJHi.jpg]

Jan 15, 2016    2:28 PM
Roxas
A key... blade?

13 1 0 0

(Jan 15, 2016 1:58 PM)floralfolly wrote:

(Jan 15, 2016 12:31 PM)Roxas wrote:

-EDIT-

It's not even letting me use the backup option though :c so that file that i need isn't there...

and do i need to physically take my 3ds apart to get the sd card out? why did they make it like that @_@ what if it breaks aaahhhhh!!

Uh I meant maybe clean the X cartridge, not the SD card. It's a pain to take the SD card out of the new 3DS' apparently, but if it isn't even letting you backup then have you tried restarting and using other USB ports?

Edited: Jan 15, 2016   /   Jan 15, 2016    7:50 PM
Team Plasma N
The Pokemon Guru

261 6 0 0

(Jan 15, 2016 1:58 PM)floralfolly wrote:

Edit: No local content available means that you have no save backups. You don't need the codes tab btw you just need to press the backup button.

You don't need the SD card unless you're using the Battle Video method. Put your X game in the Powersaves. The default cord does seem to have some issues, I'm using a seperate one I got long time ago. You've made a Powersaves account correct? Seems they're forcing everyone to make some account these days. If it reads your AS just fine and lets you backup your save on that, it's most likely your X cartridge, you might need to clean it. I can tell you however, that on my old computer it had problems reading what's inside my Powersaves properly. My current one reads it just fine for the most part. Perhaps try a different USB port. It sounds silly, but that's what happened to me.

For taking out an SD card there's a little slot that can open. It's on the side of your 3DS (should be the right side).

[Image: mnwpnr2]
TSV: 2918 (Y) | 2420 (OR) | 1713 (Moon)
Thanks to CoolPikachu for the avi, & Skating Squirtle for the sig!

Jan 16, 2016    6:24 AM
Zangoose X
Calculating. .. ...

718 0 0 0

(Jan 15, 2016 7:50 PM)Team Plasma N wrote:

For taking out an SD card there's a little slot that can open. It's on the side of your 3DS (should be the right side).
This works for the 3ds and the 3ds XL, but not for the N3ds, as they made it harder to take the sd card out, you have to unscrew the bottom plate to be able to get to the sd card.

[Image: aahebHw.png]

(19:00:18) Endou: I'm the Justin Bieber of Pokemon
(19:00:19) +ShutupBot: Skating Squirtle used her booger-paste to glue Endou's mouth shut.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Connect

Affiliations

We currently have no affiliations.

Apply for Affiliation

PPN Top 50

Design

PokéSwitch / Dark
Design by Global Trade Station / Artwork by Darside