User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
6G Wi-Fi Rain Team
Edited: Nov 10, 2015   /   Nov 09, 2015    6:15 AM
Travie_Blaze
Blazing Co-ordinator

498 0 0 0

Rain Team
Hi there!

So I've recently started playing again, and I felt like I had to move on from just breeding Pokemon to actually battling online. I tried making my own team and battling competitively before (and ultimately failed) but I was really bad back then. I'm slightly better now, but not at all decent. Either way, I wanted to build a Rain Team again because I feel like they have so much to offer. I will also probably play in Doubles.

Without further ado, this is the team I plan to make:

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Bold (252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD)
Drizzle
Moves:
Scald
Icy Wind
Encore
Protect

Politoed is the basic rain setter for my team. I don't think there's much more to be said, aside from the fact that he's supposed to be tanky and should last long, hopefully through the battle. Scald is great for burns and with the STAB and Rain should hit decent enough. Icy Wind can slow other pokemon down, Encore can help lock down, and Protect can help scout or just stall out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Decided to use Mega Swampert For my next pokemon, I wanted a Physical Attacker. I was initially planning to use Azumarill, however Mega Swampert works great in Rain Teams as well.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant (252 Att/252 HP/4 SpD)
Huge Power
Moves:
Belly Drum
Aqua Jet
Play Rough
Superpower/ Knock Off

I love Azumarill. Seriously. This thing is just too cute. Other than that though, Azumarill is pretty strong once it sets up Belly Drum. Aqua Jet will be its main attacking move, with priority and STAB and rain, and Play Rough would be its other STAB move which is pretty good as well. I currently have Superpower on it now, but Knock Off is good as well. I don't know which is better though.

Swampert @ Swampertite
Adamant (252 Att/252 Speed/4 Def)
Torrent, Swift Swim
Moves:
Waterfall
Earthquake
Ice Punch
Power-Up Punch

Swampert is great as well. If I'm using it over Azumarill, it will for sure hold Swampertite. What's great about Swampert is that its able to take hits and still sweep really well. Waterfall and Earthquake are the STAB moves, Ice Punch helps deal with Grass and Flying types, while Power-Up Punch is there mainly for boosting.

I don't know which among these two to use (I love them both so dearly) but I'm pretty sure I only have room for one.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Goodra @ Leftovers
Bold (252 HP/252 SAtk/4 Def)
Hydration
Moves:
Rain Dance
Rest
Dragon Pulse
Sludge Bomb/Thunder

Goodra is my special tank. The Hydration + Rest combo in the rain works really well, and it also has Rain Dance just in case Politoed dies, also because Goodra will probably last long on the field. Dragon Pulse is its main move, while Sludge Bomb can be used to counter Fairies, or Thunder to abuse the Rain. I was also thinking of putting Acid Armor to really make it tank, but I also think I should maximize Goodra's SpAtk.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scizor @ Choice Band/Scizorite
Adamant (248 HP/252 Atk/8 SpD)
Technician
Moves:
Bullet Punch
U-turn
Superpower
Pursuit

Scizor is built practically to Revenge Kill with Bullet Punch. It's not going to last that long on the battlefield as is, so the best way is to hit-and-run. If, however, I am not going to use Mega Swampert, I will be giving Scizor the Scizorite as not to waste my mega slot. U-Turn is helpful for scouting, especially early on. Superpower is for the Steel Types who resist the rest of my attacks, and Pursuit can be used to trap weak Pokemon.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rotom-W @ ??? SITRUS BERRY
Modest (252 SAtk/252 Speed/4 SDef)
Levitate
Moves:
Thunder
Hydro Pump
Volt Switch
Thunder Wave WILL-O-WISP

Rotom-W is built as a Special Sweeper. Thunder is its main STAB move and is great under Rain. Hydro Pump also gets the STAB and Rain Boost which makes it really good. Volt Switch is there so that it can scout well along with Scizor, and Thunder Wave can be used to cripple some threats. I have no idea what item to give it though.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Klefki @ ??? RED CARD
Sassy (252 HP/252 SDef/4 Def)
Prankster
Moves:
Rain Dance
Thunder Wave
Foul Play
Draining Kiss

For some very odd reason I felt like using Klefki. Klefki is another backup rain dancer and is really meant to be a support pokemon. Priority on status moves is amazing for it. I don't think there's much else to be said, aside from the lack of item I would give it.

That's it basically. Please comment and suggest moves, items, even pokemon and what not. Thanks in advance!

[Image: thingyo.png]
Made by CoolPikachu! One of the best graphic artists I've seen. You should go to the shop right now! Click > CoolPikachu's Graphix Studio

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Nov 09, 2015    11:42 PM
TinmanPablo01
Trainer

0 0 0

RE: Rain Team
I would go with Mega Swampert because Azumarril is too frail to set up one belly drum
I would get rid of the speed investment in Rotom-W because it has thunder wave which halves the opponents speed and give him a sitrus berry
The klefki give him a red card so when an pokemon hits you it will mess up the foes strategy
This is my opinion

Nov 10, 2015    6:24 AM
Travie_Blaze
Blazing Co-ordinator

498 0 0 0

Thank you for replying!!

Yeah I have given it some thought and I guess Mega Swampert would make better use of the rain. I'll just give Azumarill another spot somewhere else haha.

Sitrus Berry actually was the item I was planning to give Rotom-W, but if Azumarill was going to be part of the team, then I couldn't give Rotom-W the Sitrus Berry. However, I am now going to use Mega Swampert, so no problem there! I did sort of change my mind and decided to give Rotom-W Will-O-Wisp over Thunder Wave, as Klefki already had Thunder Wave, and also to take care of physical attackers, so I probably need the Speed EVs.

I never thought of using Red Card. I think I'll use that. Thanks again for the suggestions!!

Made by CoolPikachu! One of the best graphic artists I've seen. You should go to the shop right now! Click > CoolPikachu's Graphix Studio

Nov 11, 2015    5:35 AM
Travie_Blaze
Blazing Co-ordinator

498 0 0 0

Does anyone else have comments?

Nov 29, 2015    7:24 PM
Jammyviper
Trainer

0 0 0

I'd use a crawdaunt or starmie because they have good speed and move sets

Nov 29, 2015    7:32 PM
Roxas
A key... blade?

13 1 0 0

(Nov 29, 2015 7:24 PM)Jammyviper wrote:

I'd use a crawdaunt or starmie because they have good speed and move sets

In the future if you could be a bit more helpful and constructive with your advice that'd be great, since general suggestions aren't very helpful to other users.

[Image: Box_Roxas_Banner_by_Techdude7.png]
Thanks to Darside34 for the awesome avatar.
IGN: Roxas | FC: 4227-3707-7635 | TSV: 2569 (OR) | TSV: 0800 (Moon)
Check out this Homebrew/PKHeX and Distro thread for any of your Pokemon needs!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Connect

Affiliations

We currently have no affiliations.

Apply for Affiliation

Design

PokéSwitch / Dark
Design by Global Trade Station / Artwork by Darside