User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Building a team with Garchomp.
Aug 18, 2015    11:20 AM
arisas
Trainer

412 0 0 0

Building a team with Garchomp.
I'm building a doubles team with a Garchomp that has the following:
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Swords Dance
Item Attached: Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Naive Nature

I'm also using Togekiss alongside it but I not sure what to do next (e.g. what Mega to use etc.) Any suggestions?

Gible
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Aug 18, 2015    11:39 AM
Kirby Master
quack

718 10 0 0

RE: Building a team with Garchomp.
What set are you thinking about on the Togekiss? Something like Mega Gengar might be good, trapping Pokemon in to a Garchomp Outrage. Megas can either be used as a starting point or an ending point. Good to fill out your team first and then pick a Mega that has good synergy with the other Pokemon.

[Image: oras_mega_starters_by_kirby__master-d81yci3.jpg]
(13:33:26) +Avia: If I could slap Kairobishi Maushikanitohishio in the face I totally would.
Join Pokemon Online to Chat and Battle With Other GTS Members!

Aug 19, 2015    7:57 AM
arisas
Trainer

412 0 0 0

(Aug 18, 2015 11:39 AM)Kirby Master wrote:

What set are you thinking about on the Togekiss? Something like Mega Gengar might be good, trapping Pokemon in to a Garchomp Outrage. Megas can either be used as a starting point or an ending point. Good to fill out your team first and then pick a Mega that has good synergy with the other Pokemon.

Thanks! Well, I was going to use Togekiss as a support Pokemon with the moves Follow Me, Air Slash, Tailwind and Protect

Gible

Aug 19, 2015    5:36 PM
Endou
Trainer

1 2 0 0

i don't wanna be that guy, but generally in doubles or vgc, most garchomp run dragon claw over outrage because of the fact that you can choose your target as well as not being locked into the move. also because if your opponent sees you go for the outrage and you manage to take out one of there pokemon, then they can just come in with another pokemon and because you locked into outrage you lose your garchomp early. but there is the unpredictability factor of the move aswell so you might catch someone off gurad with it. as well with the added base power you can net some ko's that dragon claw couldn't. But at the end of the day, dragon claw is better than outrage in most situations. thats up to you though

with togekiss as support for your garchomp and your garchomp having a moveset with perfect type coverage you now wanna look for specific pokemon that beat garchomp, for example opposing togekiss, mamoswine, both landorus forms, thundurus, lati's, cresselia, and clefable. those are just some of the pokemon that i could come up with from the top of my head :]

now looking at those pokemon, 1 pokemon comes to mind and then another type of pokemon comes to mind. the first is a tyranitar. tyranitar is a very good pokemon and can check/counter lati's cresselia and thundurus with its typing, movepool and ability. its ability sandstream if you didnt know creates a sandstorm and sandstorm boosts the special defense of all rock type pokemon by 1.5. and since the pokemon that tyranitar beats are special attackers most of the time, thats a good thing.

next to help against mamoswine, togekiss, and clefable. in this type of situation a steel type might be a good idea. im not really sure which steel type to suggest but some options might be excadrill to utilize the sandstorm that the tyranitar that i mentioned would have because of its ability sandrush doubling its speed while in a sandstorm, scizor because of its powerful priority move bullet punch with can get boosted by its technician ability, or even lucario because... lucario. he looks cool. but one thing that you have to remember that if you add tyranitar and a steel type like i mentioned then you will start to develop a ground weakness so haveing a pokemon to deal with ground types could help

also a little extra note would be to watch out for rotom-w as it can take on all of the pokemon mentioned. so a pokemon like rotom-c could help with its levitate ability and type advantage against rotom-w but his would now give you an ice weakness.

yeah team building is complicated

[Image: maCTrkS]

Aug 20, 2015    10:15 AM
arisas
Trainer

412 0 0 0

(Aug 19, 2015 5:36 PM)Endou wrote:

i don't wanna be that guy, but generally in doubles or vgc, most garchomp run dragon claw over outrage because of the fact that you can choose your target as well as not being locked into the move. also because if your opponent sees you go for the outrage and you manage to take out one of there pokemon, then they can just come in with another pokemon and because you locked into outrage you lose your garchomp early. but there is the unpredictability factor of the move aswell so you might catch someone off gurad with it. as well with the added base power you can net some ko's that dragon claw couldn't. But at the end of the day, dragon claw is better than outrage in most situations. thats up to you though

with togekiss as support for your garchomp and your garchomp having a moveset with perfect type coverage you now wanna look for specific pokemon that beat garchomp, for example opposing togekiss, mamoswine, both landorus forms, thundurus, lati's, cresselia, and clefable. those are just some of the pokemon that i could come up with from the top of my head :]

now looking at those pokemon, 1 pokemon comes to mind and then another type of pokemon comes to mind. the first is a tyranitar. tyranitar is a very good pokemon and can check/counter lati's cresselia and thundurus with its typing, movepool and ability. its ability sandstream if you didnt know creates a sandstorm and sandstorm boosts the special defense of all rock type pokemon by 1.5. and since the pokemon that tyranitar beats are special attackers most of the time, thats a good thing.

next to help against mamoswine, togekiss, and clefable. in this type of situation a steel type might be a good idea. im not really sure which steel type to suggest but some options might be excadrill to utilize the sandstorm that the tyranitar that i mentioned would have because of its ability sandrush doubling its speed while in a sandstorm, scizor because of its powerful priority move bullet punch with can get boosted by its technician ability, or even lucario because... lucario. he looks cool. but one thing that you have to remember that if you add tyranitar and a steel type like i mentioned then you will start to develop a ground weakness so haveing a pokemon to deal with ground types could help

also a little extra note would be to watch out for rotom-w as it can take on all of the pokemon mentioned. so a pokemon like rotom-c could help with its levitate ability and type advantage against rotom-w but his would now give you an ice weakness.

yeah team building is complicated

Wow... Thanks! Your advice was really helpful! :D:)

Gible

Aug 21, 2015    12:17 PM
Blain
Trainer

0 0 0

Garchomp can always use poison jab too

Dec 28, 2015    7:09 AM
SnowdustWolf
Trainer

0 0 0

Garchomp gets iron head, too!

as for pokemon that work well with Garchomp in doubles, Go for a pokemon that can tank an ice move in case someone uses icy wind or blizzard ("May I recommend a pokemon that resists the ever-living **** out of ice?" xD). steel types pair well with 'Chomp. maybe a Skarmory or a steel levitater so they don't get in the way of Garchomp's earthquakes. said steel type could be defensive and utilize stuff like toxic.

Hope this helps :)

May 21, 2016    10:41 AM
TSV247
Trainer

0 0 0

(Aug 18, 2015 11:20 AM)arisas wrote:

I'm building a doubles team with a Garchomp that has the following:
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Swords Dance
Item Attached: Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Naive Nature

I'm also using Togekiss alongside it but I not sure what to do next (e.g. what Mega to use etc.) Any suggestions?

Maybe try Gardevoir mega rather than Togekiss as then you have a psychic type also to give more coverage, then kangaskhan gives good coverage due to it only being weak to fighting and can learn many types of moves, however kangaskhan mega have the extra move so maybe that.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Connect

Affiliations

We currently have no affiliations.

Apply for Affiliation

Design

PokéSwitch / Dark
Design by Global Trade Station / Artwork by Darside