User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wi-Fi / PokeOnline Throwing Bricks
Edited: Aug 13, 2015   /   Aug 13, 2015    8:38 PM
Kirby Master
quack

718 10 0 0

Throwing Bricks
Since I am possibly the worst team maker ever I decided to go ahead and make a team. It's been decent thus far, but I would like to have others opinions on how I can make it better. This is a tanky offensive team, which is why I dubbed it "Throwing Bricks" get it? Because bricks are hard, and they hurt if thrown. Very creative stuff. On to the team.

[Image: 635532026893628689.png]
Mein Gems! (Sableye) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Foul Play

Sableye is one of my favorite megas as it is possibly the best lead crippler in the game. Turn one it gets Prankster and Magic Bounce. This allows it to cripple any physical Pokemon looking for an easy knockout or any teams that need hazards. Knock Off is just a great move that can wreck any item dependent Pokemon. Will-O-Wisp is obvious as it gets that turn one Prankster priority. Recover is so this tanky little monster can stall out burned victims. Foul Play is an amazing move that literally annihilates any physical attackers looking to set up attack boosts. SD Talonflame wants to set up on a Sableye that can't burn it? Nope, you are now dead.

[Image: 233.png]
Ducky (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 SpD
Calm Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Toxic

Porygon2 is one of my favorite Pokemon of all time. It is super tanky with Eviolite, and its high special attack allows it to destroy anyone stupid enough to put in a Pokemon with a weakness to ice or electric. The Trace ability allows me to counter anyone looking to abuse their abilities power, and it can cripple things like Gyarados and Therian Forme Landorus that use Intimidate. Did I mention he is super tanky and powerful? Why not slap on coverage moves like Ice Beam and Thunderbolt, and throw in Recover to make him tankier. Why not also give him Toxic so he can stall out anyone not powerful enough to 2HKO him. While the good definitely outweighs the bad on this guy, he has serious problems with Steel types.

[Image: 212.png]
McSniperSnips (Scizor) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Scizor is probably one of the few Pokemon who have a mega form that are better without it. Scizor has so much defense and attack that not having a good item on him is almost criminal. Choice Band literally turns it in to a walking and snapping tank. Firing out his super charged attacks while taking anything anyone else throws at it. Scizor is my dedicated Fairy killer, which is a much needed part of my team as I have several Pokemon that are weak to Fairy. Technician is my go to ability on Scizor as it boosts Bullet Punch which will allow it to destroy dirty Fairy types. U-turn for momentum and the STAB is nice too. Superpower to absolutely annihilate anything that crosses its path. Knock Off is a coverage move that can also help me against item reliant Pokemon.

[Image: 706.png]
GooGoo (Goodra) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Gooey
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Earthquake

Goodra is another tanky monster that packs a major punch. With Assault Vest on it I don't need to spend any precious EVs in Special Defense, opting to put them in HP. What Goodra lacks in physical defense it makes up for in a 110 base Special Attack stat. Goodra absolutely Nukes anything that doesn't resist it which isn't much with its amazing special movepool. Draco Meteor for that crazy STAB power. Fire Blast for coverage over Steel types. Sludge Bomb to help me against slower pesky Fairy types. I also put Earthquake on there to help finish off low HP Pokemon after the stat drop with Draco Meteor. A very good Pokemon overall.

[Image: 635170235874615013.png]
TweetMe (Talonflame) @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Talonflame is just a beast of a Pokemon. Gale Wings for priority Flying moves, and a good typing which gives it coverage STAB against almost anything. My EVs are split up to give me some good speed for my Flare Blitz, and a Jolly nature which allows me to out speed any Talonflame who dare go Adamant. This is a Swords Dance + Roost set to get extra value out of this already monstrous Pokemon. Though I hardly ever use Roost as this is really a glass cannon of a Pokemon. I think the moves explain themselves.

[Image: 48002.png]
Washy Washy (Rotom-Wash) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Rotom-Wash is my favorite of the Rotom line of appliances. Very tanky with one of the best Typing and Ability combinations in the game. A good defensive wall that allows me to switch to and Volt Switch out of for momentum. Hydro Pump can put major holes in any ground type trying to stop my Volt Switch. Will-O-Wisp to get that extra damage every turn. I also have Pain Split which can play a major role in the longevity of this guy.

So that's my team. I am very open to any suggestions and questions. I probably didn't put enough information in to my explanations of the team, but I put in what I thought needed to be heard the most. The rest is fairly self explanatory.

[Image: oras_mega_starters_by_kirby__master-d81yci3.jpg]
(13:33:26) +Avia: If I could slap Kairobishi Maushikanitohishio in the face I totally would.
Join Pokemon Online to Chat and Battle With Other GTS Members!

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Dec 28, 2015    7:14 AM
SnowdustWolf
Trainer

0 0 0

RE: Throwing Bricks
Is earthquake a wise choice on a -atk nature on Goodra w/ no EVs in attack? Muddy water could be a good choice.

Your Scizor's name goes over the 12 character limit.

That is all of the flaws I can really see with your, honestly, Amazing, well-thought-out team. I am sorry this is not the large essay assessing every aspect of your team but I hope I helped anyway.

Well done & Good luck with that team :)

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Connect

Affiliations

We currently have no affiliations.

Apply for Affiliation

Design

PokéSwitch / Dark
Design by Global Trade Station / Artwork by Darside