User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sylveon moveset
Aug 01, 2015    3:49 AM
Absol lord
Beginner trader

83 0 0 0

Sylveon moveset
I'm getting into competitive battling, and I decided that my team should have a sylveon, because I beleive they are generally powerful. So my first stop was smogon, but I can't understand this moveset I found.

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Ground / Shadow Ball
- Baton Pass

surely choice specs means attacking makes the baton pass redundant due to being locked into the one move, or do I just baton pass it until it's out of PP. In the end I subbed baton pass out for draining kiss, and choice specs for wise glasses. Did I make the right decision? And if someone could explain the moveset, I would be grateful. Thanks! Grin

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Aug 01, 2015    5:12 AM
Zangoose X
Calculating. .. ...

718 0 0 0

RE: Sylveon moveset
Choice Specs is extremely good with Sylveon, depending on whether you are using this for OU, or doubles the sets will be slightly different, though this is very similar to my doubles set. Draining Kiss isnt going to help you that much on Sylveon and neither is wise glasses. I suggest you run these sets, I will be providing one for OU and one for doubles.

Doubles(vgc):

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
EVs: 164 HP / 4Def / 120 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Ground
- Shadow Ball

Singles(Ou):

Sylveon @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Rest

I know both sets are different, but I have tried using both and they really work well.

I hope I helped :P

[Image: aahebHw.png]

(19:00:18) Endou: I'm the Justin Bieber of Pokemon
(19:00:19) +ShutupBot: Skating Squirtle used her booger-paste to glue Endou's mouth shut.

Aug 01, 2015    9:28 AM
Absol lord
Beginner trader

83 0 0 0

Thanks a lot Grin will build them later

Edited: Aug 01, 2015   /   Aug 01, 2015    11:43 AM
Executionator
System Ops.

1 5 0 1

Baton Pass is mainly for switch initiative. If you baton pass you will just get the ability to switch out but the difference is that with baton pass, since it is a move, is that it happens after the opponent switches so you can see what they go into.

I'll give an example. Let's say you send in your full health Sylveon in against a Latias and they have a Scizor and a Heatran as well. Chances are they won't want to stay in to get ko'd when they have 2 good switch ins. You use baton pass as they switch out, you get the ability to see if they switch into Scizor or Heatran and you can send a pokemon that best handles that pokemon to get the upper hand.

This might not sound too useful for a new battler but it prevents the opponent from sending in resists and getting opportunities to set up entry hazards, set up offensive boosts like Swords Dance or Dragon Dance, or even just eliminating the need to switch another pokemon in and taking damage.

I would agree with Zangoose that Draining Kiss isn't very useful and you should probably keep choice specs. Draining Kiss is very weak and is sort of redundant with Hyper Voice being much stronger and Wise Glasses loses you a lot of needed power for this set to work well. If you don't want Baton Pass you can switch it for Shadow Ball so you can use a full attacking set of Hyper Voice, Psyshock, Hidden Power Fire/Ground, Shadow Ball.

Hyper Voice is your strongest move. Psyshock is for bulky poisons like Mega Venusaur. Hidden Power Fire is for Scizor and Ferrothorn while Hidden Power Ground is for Heatran. Shadow Ball is for Jirachi and Metagross. Baton Pass is to maintain momentum and get switch advantage.

[Image: wv94w1.jpg]

Aug 05, 2015    3:02 AM
Absol lord
Beginner trader

83 0 0 0

Thanks for the explanation! I thought that I must ave been missing something xD
Also, thanks Zangoose for the build, being as I play singles I built that one, and with a few minor adjustments to my team to deal with a scizor that was bothering me, I went 6-0. granted they were a noob, but it's still a massive improvement for me, thanks again! Grin

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Connect

Affiliations

We currently have no affiliations.

Apply for Affiliation

Design

PokéSwitch / Dark
Design by Global Trade Station / Artwork by Darside