User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Discussion Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon - News and Discussion thread.
Edited: Aug 27, 2015   /   Jun 24, 2015    5:53 PM
Darside
Coffee Lover

718 5 0 2

Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon - News and Discussion thread.
[Image: 250px-Super_Mystery_Dungeon_EN_boxart.png]

Gameplay reveal trailer for the US

[Image: 1.jpg]
Starters/Partners

[Image: yOiknaJ.jpg]

New features

• All 720 Pokémon that were officially revealed at the time are present in the game.
  • Accessories are now visible on both the player and partner in the overworld and in dungeons.
  • As the first entry in the series released during Generation VI, it introduces Mega Evolution to the series.
  • The Progress Device allows saving inside of dungeons.
  • Wands, items that can be used multiple times, are introduced.

Returning features
  • The Deposit Box once again replaces Kangaskhan Storage.
  • The hunger mechanic makes a return.

[Image: ty5R8.jpg]
Release Date November 20th 2015

New Scans!
[Image: 7XpJYy2.png]
Courtesy of Centro Pokémon

Japanese Commercial for the game.

Higher quality PSMD theme.

[Image: PXhEo2y.jpg]

Remember to discuss following the GTS rules.
More new content will be added to this post as more news about the game come out

[Image: YwhatRB.png]
Challenge my gym at The Volcanic Ash Gym!
(17:35:13) FlameTheDragon: Join us canadians and live off of maple syrup in igloos

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Jun 25, 2015    1:31 PM
Zangoose X
Calculating. .. ...

718 0 0 0

RE: Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon - News and Discussion thread.
At least this looks 100000000000000000 times better than the last game, in which I didnt even get 30 different kinds of pokemon to join me after playing 50 hours, plus it had no post game... Cant wait for it to come out.

[Image: aahebHw.png]

(19:00:18) Endou: I'm the Justin Bieber of Pokemon
(19:00:19) +ShutupBot: Skating Squirtle used her booger-paste to glue Endou's mouth shut.

Jun 25, 2015    5:09 PM
djluis204
GTS League Champion

718 8 0 0

I'm so picking chimchar as my starter and nobody is stopping me. I'm going to have to learn a lot of things to enjoy this game properly though.

[Image: hd4NQlP.png]
Credit to Darside

Jun 25, 2015    5:10 PM
Darside
Coffee Lover

718 5 0 2

(Jun 25, 2015 5:09 PM)djluis204 wrote:

I'm so picking chimchar as my starter and nobody is stopping me. I'm going to have to learn a lot of things to enjoy this game properly though.

you'd need to answer the questions in the correct order though, just like every other PMD besides gates to infinity

(17:35:13) FlameTheDragon: Join us canadians and live off of maple syrup in igloos

Jun 25, 2015    5:22 PM
djluis204
GTS League Champion

718 8 0 0

(Jun 25, 2015 5:10 PM)Darside wrote:

(Jun 25, 2015 5:09 PM)djluis204 wrote:

you'd need to answer the questions in the correct order though, just like every other PMD besides gates to infinity
Aww dang man, I'm just trying to play pokemon with my favorite pokemon line not take a test Errr.... I'm still excited for this game though and I hope they make full use of the 3DS's hardware. They've had more than enough time

[Image: hd4NQlP.png]
Credit to Darside

Jul 02, 2015    3:47 AM
Darside
Coffee Lover

718 5 0 2

added new scans to the main post

Jul 03, 2015    11:40 PM
Darside
Coffee Lover

718 5 0 2

added Japanese Commercial to the main post.

Jul 04, 2015    6:21 PM
Darside
Coffee Lover

718 5 0 2

added a 3ds theme preview of the theme you get for preordering the game.

Aug 17, 2015    12:27 AM
Darside
Coffee Lover

718 5 0 2

added a higher quality PSMD theme screenshot.

Aug 17, 2015    10:29 AM
Kirby Master
quack

718 10 0 0

Haven't played a PMD game since Blue Rescue Team, but I might pick this one up as I've been wanting to play one. :o

[Image: oras_mega_starters_by_kirby__master-d81yci3.jpg]
(13:33:26) +Avia: If I could slap Kairobishi Maushikanitohishio in the face I totally would.
Join Pokemon Online to Chat and Battle With Other GTS Members!

Aug 17, 2015    12:30 PM
Vslightning

395 6 0 0

This should be quite a bit of fun. I like the MD gameplay. However, I hope this one doesn't have as much dialogue as the last.

[Image: f4jjf6.jpg]

d-doggdusty5599 wrote: Hey ripsterzero do you went me to give you my friend code to trade pokemon!!!!

Aug 27, 2015    12:52 AM
Avia
No suckups, cash only.

222 15 0 4

Glad to see a set date in November, we'll be able to end our events by at least October and draw the winners for the SMD giveaways!

Aug 27, 2015    6:44 AM
Away
Master Latios
Stormbringer

646 0 0 0

Oooh, there's a blue tree in the background for the theme. Hopefully this means Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde will have a role in the game, too.

Credit goes to Mudkip Ninja for the avatar. I'll put a signature here at some point...
IGN: Kathryn

Aug 27, 2015    3:09 PM
Darside
Coffee Lover

718 5 0 2

Added release date to OP Totally didnt forgot about that

Aug 27, 2015    4:05 PM
Electrobot8
Bacon

807 0 0 0

Wow, I haven't been on the PMD scene in a while myself. Not since Explorers of Sky! I chose a Mudkip in OR, so I think I'll stick with that choice (assuming I answer the questionnaire correctly,) and continue my classic partner choice of Pikachu. I'm excited to learn about the new mechanics being introduced to this installment; it's looking pretty good to me! And good job on the information gathering here guys!

FC: 2723-9828-5400
IGNs: Kawashima (Y), Whiskey (OR), Iskandar (Sun), Ivan (US)

Aug 27, 2015    6:25 PM
Darside
Coffee Lover

718 5 0 2

(Aug 27, 2015 4:05 PM)Electrobot8 wrote:

Wow, I haven't been on the PMD scene in a while myself. Not since Explorers of Sky! I chose a Mudkip in OR, so I think I'll stick with that choice (assuming I answer the questionnaire correctly,) and continue my classic partner choice of Pikachu. I'm excited to learn about the new mechanics being introduced to this installment; it's looking pretty good to me! And good job on the information gathering here guys!

I haven't been on PMD scene since Explorers of SKy was announced, sadly couldnt play it until recently, and im loving it so far.

I heard that Gates to Infinity was bad, hopefully they fix the mistakes they made in that game with this one.

Aug 27, 2015    6:34 PM
Avia
No suckups, cash only.

222 15 0 4

I've never been a fan of the Mystery dungeon games, especially since talking Pokemon just seems weird. But with no normal release this year, I'm definitely going to give it a second chance.

Edited: Aug 27, 2015   /   Aug 27, 2015    6:40 PM
Electrobot8
Bacon

807 0 0 0

(Aug 27, 2015 6:25 PM)Darside wrote:

I haven't been on PMD scene since Explorers of SKy was announced, sadly couldnt play it until recently, and im loving it so far.

I heard that Gates to Infinity was bad, hopefully they fix the mistakes they made in that game with this one.

Yeah I loved it as well. I actually started with The GBA/DS initial releases, then went to Explorers of Darkness and finally stopping at Explorers of Sky. I was amazed at all the extra content they put in and work to the story. That said, I too am just hoping Gates to Infinity was just a bump in the road that was learned from, and this game is full of pleasant surprises!

(Aug 27, 2015 6:34 PM)Avia wrote:

I've never been a fan of the Mystery dungeon games, especially since talking Pokemon just seems weird. But with no normal release this year, I'm definitely going to give it a second chance.

Not many of my friends have been open to this series either. I was admittedly a bit hesitant when the idea was first introduced, and especially after the failed attempt at having an anime adaptation aired as well. But the series was actually quite touching in my experience, with improved mechanics along the way. At least, prior to Gates to Infinity; I've not played it and as such can't speak to it being good or bad. If it at least follows the trend from what I've experienced myself, I'd feel pretty confident recommending it to any Pokemon &/or General RPG style fan.

FC: 2723-9828-5400
IGNs: Kawashima (Y), Whiskey (OR), Iskandar (Sun), Ivan (US)

Aug 28, 2015    1:41 AM
mix-up_master
Ruler of Types

0 0 0 0

Is it just me or am the only one who thinks that they are going to make it so that originally your pokemon you play as can't evolve until after you've completed post game cause at least to me it would stay true to the original mystery dungeon games where you can't evolve until after you've completed post game or are they going to take most fans of the series by surprise and allow you to evolve after a certain part in the beginning of the storyline either im fine with it, just wanted to put this out there and make sure im not the only one thinking about this by the way they also might take a completely unlooked route where they let you evolve right off the bat after reaching the required level they can also put a restriction on this by making you wait until you get to the location they let all pokemon on your team evolve in like in time/darkness/sky's luminous spring. or they can truly take it to another level and let you evolve after you've reached the required level after you complete the current dungeon or evolve while you are in there.
i feel they can go this route or another either way it could impress die hard fans of the series and/or the regular fans f the pokemon series who like almost every pokemon game not the not just mystery dungeon the most.

Dec 23, 2015    8:25 PM
wrexnfx
Creep N Crawl - Eazy E

718 0 0 0

(Jun 25, 2015 1:31 PM)Zangoose X wrote:

At least this looks 100000000000000000 times better than the last game, in which I didnt even get 30 different kinds of pokemon to join me after playing 50 hours, plus it had no post game... Cant wait for it to come out.

The power creep in this game is serious. Once you get far enough, the game is really easy. Regardless, I'm having a blast with it when I'm trying to take a break from ORAS progression!

[Image: tumblr_lho210n3FK1qe7vnuo1_500.jpg]
Looking for some assistance with breeding again!
Friend Code: 3969-7935-9494 | Skeleton (Alpha Sapphire)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Connect

Affiliations

We currently have no affiliations.

Apply for Affiliation

Design

PokéSwitch / Dark
Design by Global Trade Station / Artwork by Darside