User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[6 Gen] Guide to Making Legal Pokemon in PKHeX [No External Devices!]
Apr 14, 2015    10:52 AM
Wrath
Neighborhood tryhard

718 0 0 0

[6 Gen] Guide to Making Legal Pokemon in PKHeX [No External Devices!]
Now that Pokecheck is down as well as the previous generation's GTS, we can no longer create Pokemon through the Pokegen method my other guide illustrated. However, in the new generation, you can use a newly created program, PKHeX created by the kaphotics blank on ProjectPokemon, to create your own Pokemon without the time and hassle of breeding. However you choose to use the pokemon you create, however, is completely up to you.

Legal Pokemon get through the the GTS and tournaments, and appear to be legitimate. These Pokemon, however, are not legitimate by the means of which they were created. So don't be a jerk.

There are ways of getting the Pokemon into your game with readers, adaptors, and other external devices, but in this tutorial I'm going to show you how to get the Pokemon into your game with just the program on your computer and your DS with a generated QR Code.

Tools:
- PKHeX Program
- An old version of the 3DS, or non-updated 3DS XL/3DS Lite
( Updated 3DS XL or 3DS Lite WILL NOT WORK )

Lets take a look at the interface for each tab, starting with the first:
[Image: Ow1dB3Q.png]
When you first open up your program, it's going to look something like this. Abomasnow is the first Pokemon that appears alphabetically, and most other fields will be blank.
- PID: The PID is generated based on all of the characteristics of your Pokemon. If you click on the star, it will turn red, and your Pokemon will become shiny and the PID will change. The Pokemon's PID will be set, just like in previous generations, when the Pokemon enters your game, so you won't really need to worry about this. But if you want your Pokemon to be shiny, don't forget to check that star!
- Species: What Pokemon you want to generate
- Nickname: Setting nicknames can sometimes error and mess with the Pokemon's PID, so I usually like to leave this blank and give my Pokemon my own OT and SID so I can change their name in-game. If you wish to give your Pokemon a nickname on the generator, however, make sure to tick the box.
- EXP/Level: Level is all that really matters here. Make sure to put something that makes sense. For example, you're never going to have a level 1 Abomasnow.
- Nature and Held Item: Self-explanatory
- Happiness and Form: Happiness max is 255. Form can be normal or mega if you want your Pokemon to always be a mega if they have a mega form. Doing this, however, will mean your Pokemon does not appear to be legal.
- Ability: You can give your Pokemon whatever ability you want. If you click on the drop-down it gives you a list of all the legitimate, applicable ones you can apply to it.
- Language: Language your game is in.
Everything below that consists of location and your DS

On the second tab:
[Image: EgXYV75.png]
- Origin Game: Which game did you get this Pokemon from?
- Met Location: This is here you found the Pokemon. If you put this Pokemon as an egg, this is where the Pokemon hatched.
- Ball: What ball your Pokemon came from. Be smart about this, look up the origins of all the pokeballs if you want your Pokemon in a special ball that isn't from 6th gen. Nothing but exclusive events should be in cherish balls.
- Met Level: Always level 1 if hatched from an egg. Most be a corresponding level to those in the wild if you put down as a wild-caught Pokemon.
- Met Date: When did you find this Pokemon? When did you hatch this Pokemon?

If you check the box "As Egg?" a few more settings will appear:
- Location: You can only get an egg from the daycare couple. On here, it will be called "Day Care helpers" but will still come up correctly in your game.
- Date: When did you receive this egg from the daycare couple?

The third tab displays all the IVs and EVs you have. Pretty much all combinations of IVs are possible through breeding, which is the best way to generate your Pokemon in my opinion.
[Image: 1oDfquQ.png]
31 max is only possible in two to three stats as wild caught Pokemon. 510 is also the max you should have on any Pokemon, anymore and it is automatically a hack.

On the fourth tab and fifth tab:
Your moves along with any PP Ups you want to use, then on the next tab OT and SID. If you do not know how to check your SID, you can find someone here who can check it for you, or check it yourself through the Instacheck Hotspot program.

Now that is all done, you're good to go! Now you just have to get your Pokemon into your game. But before we do that, let me just show you how my Pokemon looks right now:
[Image: TBYrwGZ.png]
Stupid Wrath running adamant and blizzard geez what a scrub.

Take a look at the top right, you've seen your Pokemon staring at you for this whole session. Now look to the left, it says QR! Press it, and your code will come up. That's your Pokemon and all of it's information stuffed in there. Now you just have to scan it to get it into your game. It should look something like this:
[Image: pcl8n0B.png]
Now it's time to go to your DS. Make sure you have a working internet connection or else this will not work. Open your Pokemon game and go into your first box and make sure the first slot of your first box is EMPTY.
- Now get off of your computer in the game and press the HOME button on your DS.
- Go to your internet browser and make sure all of your cookies are cleared and your cache is empty.
- Press the HOME button
- Hold down L and R to activate your camera.
- Press the QR button at the bottom left and line up the squares with your Pokemon's QR code.
- You will get an error and an option to open up your browser. Open it.
- You will get a black screen in your browser on the bottom screen that will load and say INJECTING.
- Press the HOME button again and you'll get an error. Press OK and open your Pokemon game again.
- Go into your computer and in your first box, first slot your Pokemon should be there, congratulations you dirty cheater you now know how to make legal-looking Pokemon in PKHeX!

I understand that there are some people that do not have old DS handhelds, and that's completely fine! I will be around to help generate some Pokemon if you need, just shoot me a message or ask around the forums, I'm sure there will be people who will be more than happy to help you as well.

Also, if there are anymore pictures or any other explanations I can make to make this guide better, please let me know. I'm happy to help!

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Apr 14, 2015    11:27 AM
Roxas
A key... blade?

13 1 0 0

RE: [6 Gen] Guide to Making Legal Pokemon in PKHeX [No External Devices!]
This is a really cool guide, thank you for making this XD. This should be enough for anyone to learn it and pick it up if they wish to. I really would've liked this service to still be available with the new update, but nope :/.

But yeah, your guides are always very helpful, I'll be sure to link this to anyone if they need help :P.

[Image: Box_Roxas_Banner_by_Techdude7.png]
Thanks to Darside34 for the awesome avatar.
IGN: Roxas | FC: 4227-3707-7635 | TSV: 2569 (OR) | TSV: 0800 (Moon)
Check out this Homebrew/PKHeX and Distro thread for any of your Pokemon needs!

Apr 17, 2015    8:07 AM
Wrath
Neighborhood tryhard

718 0 0 0

RE: [6 Gen] Guide to Making Legal Pokemon in PKHeX [No External Devices!]
(Apr 14, 2015 11:27 AM)Roxas wrote:

This is a really cool guide, thank you for making this XD. This should be enough for anyone to learn it and pick it up if they wish to. I really would've liked this service to still be available with the new update, but nope :/.

But yeah, your guides are always very helpful, I'll be sure to link this to anyone if they need help :P.

Thanks! That means a lot. I'm very glad you could find some use in it.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Connect

Affiliations

We currently have no affiliations.

Apply for Affiliation

Design

PokéSwitch / Dark
Design by Global Trade Station / Artwork by Darside