User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
6G Seek Nickname change through AR. Is it possible?
Feb 11, 2015    8:04 AM
Offline
_Zoroark_
:3


1 0 0 0
841



Post: #1
Nickname change through AR. Is it possible?
Back whenever I transferred Spirit, my Lucario, over to gen VI, it erased his nickname and changed it back to just "Lucario". Spirit was given to me by my friend Jonathan, who passed away a couple years ago. One of the ways I always remembered him was by using Spirit in battle. Now that they changed his name back, it kind of ruined a lot of things for me. In Gen VI, is it possible to change the nickname with an action replay?

FC: 5043-4458-7428 IGN: Tyler

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Edited: Feb 11, 2015   /   Feb 11, 2015    10:09 AM
Offline
Roxas
A key... blade?


13 1 0 0
2,214



Post: #2
RE: Nickname change through AR. Is it possible?
(Feb 11, 2015 8:04 AM)_Zoroark_ wrote:

Back whenever I transferred Spirit, my Lucario, over to gen VI, it erased his nickname and changed it back to just "Lucario". Spirit was given to me by my friend Jonathan, who passed away a couple years ago. One of the ways I always remembered him was by using Spirit in battle. Now that they changed his name back, it kind of ruined a lot of things for me. In Gen VI, is it possible to change the nickname with an action replay?

Hi! I remember you from a few years back, nice seeing you around again. Sorry about your friends passing :/. But I can definitely help with this if you want, PKHeX allows you to change nicknames, so I could just switch it around and put it back the Spirit for you if you want. It shouldn't be too hard to do it actually, just a minute of work max.

[Image: Box_Roxas_Banner_by_Techdude7.png]
Thanks to Darside34 for the awesome avatar.
IGN: Roxas | FC: 4227-3707-7635 | TSV: 2569 (OR) | TSV: 0800 (Moon)
Check out this Homebrew/PKHeX and Distro thread for any of your Pokemon needs!


Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Feb 11, 2015    10:12 AM
Offline
_Zoroark_
:3


1 0 0 0
841



Post: #3
RE: Nickname change through AR. Is it possible?
(Feb 11, 2015 10:09 AM)Roxas wrote:

(Feb 11, 2015 8:04 AM)_Zoroark_ wrote:

Back whenever I transferred Spirit, my Lucario, over to gen VI, it erased his nickname and changed it back to just "Lucario". Spirit was given to me by my friend Jonathan, who passed away a couple years ago. One of the ways I always remembered him was by using Spirit in battle. Now that they changed his name back, it kind of ruined a lot of things for me. In Gen VI, is it possible to change the nickname with an action replay?

Hi! I remember you from a few years back, nice seeing you around again. Sorry about your friends passing :/. But I can definitely help with this if you want, PKHeX allows you to change nicknames, so I could just switch it around and put it back the Spirit for you if you want. It shouldn't be too hard to do it actually, just a minute of work max.

Nice to see you too, and thank you.

The thing that worries me about it is that I won't be able to use him online. He's in all of my teams. He's a special sweeper with the EV's in SP Def, and I remember someone trying to nickname their pokemon "Violet," and it wouldn't let them do it because the word "vio" meant something vulgar in another language. I partially think this may have been something like that.

FC: 5043-4458-7428 IGN: Tyler

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Feb 11, 2015    10:18 AM
Offline
Roxas
A key... blade?


13 1 0 0
2,214



Post: #4
RE: Nickname change through AR. Is it possible?
(Feb 11, 2015 10:12 AM)_Zoroark_ wrote:

(Feb 11, 2015 10:09 AM)Roxas wrote:

(Feb 11, 2015 8:04 AM)_Zoroark_ wrote:

Back whenever I transferred Spirit, my Lucario, over to gen VI, it erased his nickname and changed it back to just "Lucario". Spirit was given to me by my friend Jonathan, who passed away a couple years ago. One of the ways I always remembered him was by using Spirit in battle. Now that they changed his name back, it kind of ruined a lot of things for me. In Gen VI, is it possible to change the nickname with an action replay?

Hi! I remember you from a few years back, nice seeing you around again. Sorry about your friends passing :/. But I can definitely help with this if you want, PKHeX allows you to change nicknames, so I could just switch it around and put it back the Spirit for you if you want. It shouldn't be too hard to do it actually, just a minute of work max.

Nice to see you too, and thank you.

The thing that worries me about it is that I won't be able to use him online. He's in all of my teams. He's a special sweeper with the EV's in SP Def, and I remember someone trying to nickname their pokemon "Violet," and it wouldn't let them do it because the word "vio" meant something vulgar in another language. I partially think this may have been something like that.

I promise I'll keep a backup of the pokemon you trade me, in case anything does happen and it can't be used in battle so you could have the original back. But I have made many pokemon through PKHeX, with and without nicknames, and it seems like they can be used online, and if it trades, it can be used in battle too iirc. I think Spirit should pass, and work fine without anything happening and you'll still be able to use it in battle. Worth a shot I guess.

[Image: Box_Roxas_Banner_by_Techdude7.png]
Thanks to Darside34 for the awesome avatar.
IGN: Roxas | FC: 4227-3707-7635 | TSV: 2569 (OR) | TSV: 0800 (Moon)
Check out this Homebrew/PKHeX and Distro thread for any of your Pokemon needs!


Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Feb 11, 2015    6:19 PM
Offline
_Zoroark_
:3


1 0 0 0
841



Post: #5
RE: Nickname change through AR. Is it possible?
Alright. Going to shoot you a PM.

FC: 5043-4458-7428 IGN: Tyler

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)



Connect

Affiliations

We currently have no affiliations.

Apply for Affiliation

 

Design

PokéSwitch / Dark
Design by Global Trade Station / Artwork by Darside