User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tips for a Grass or Electric team?
Jan 20, 2015    7:40 AM
Maru-chan
Ace Trainer

716 0 0 0

Tips for a Grass or Electric team?
Hey guys,

Me and some friends are getting together to play pokemon soon and I got asked to fill the role as one of the Elite Four. I wanted to go with either a grass or electric team but I can't quite decide which ones I should use.

The rules are simple :
6 pokemon max, doubles are allowed
Can have 1 legendary
Can be single, double or triple battle depending on the challenger

Anyone know of any pokemon that would do great for making life difficult for my friends?

If you're reading this I wish you a very pleasant day :)

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Jan 20, 2015    2:47 PM
mmigler
Hero of Lime

718 0 0 0

RE: Tips for a Grass or Electric team?
If I had to choose a team of six for both grass and electric types...

Grass team:

Serperior: Give it contrary with leaf storm and it will work wonders! I've been using it a lot recently and it can be a monster to beat.
Ferrothorn: In case some pesky poison type tries to ruin your day.
Any good grass/poison type. It could come in handy.
Breloom: Be sure it has technician and it can do some incredible damage.
For the legenday spot: Unfortunately there aren't many grass legendary Pokemon. If Arceus is allowed, a grass Arceus could be awesome. If not, I've heard Shaymin can be a good Pokemon if used well.
Cradily: Helps deal with fire and flying types.

Electric team:

Electross: an electric type that is immune to ground attacks? Excellent!
Galvantula: in case they bring a grass type to mess with you.
For the legendary, I would go with either Zekrom, Thundurus, or Zapdos.
Lanturn: it can have volt absorb and will help to counter ground types.
Ampharos: It's a good base electric type.
Rotom Wash: Just about everyone uses it. Any Rotom could work well I think.

These are just some Pokemon that I would use if I had to make a mono type team. I'm not the most competitive minded person, but I assume these teams you are making are just for having fun with friends anyway.

[Image: Mmigler.png]

Jan 20, 2015    3:35 PM
ThePurpleKnight
ThePurpleKnightmare

640 0 0 0

I would go for Electric if I were you.

Lanturn is extremely powerful, it has a double typing which is something very important when you run a team of one type (I have much experience as my team is primarily bug type) an it's water typing is a counter to ground types, which is your main weakness.

Aside from Lanturn some of my favorite Electric pokemon are

Galvantula
Raikou

That's 3 so far, I would also say Rotom can also be pretty strong, if you're running an Electric comp, I would recommend Wash, Mow or Frost Rotom.

Do note, Mow Rotom is resistance to ground, there for canceling out it's weakness, it ends up with *1 to ground.

Mega Manetric isn't terrible, despite looking terrible before mega evolving.

Raichu is also pretty decent.

IGN: Maria
FC: 1177 - 8216 - 7722

Edited: Jan 20, 2015   /   Jan 20, 2015    5:15 PM
Team Plasma N
The Pokemon Guru

261 6 0 0

If it's supposed to be on a competitive scale, are there any other rulesets you guys have (like no anti-teaming, etc)? Because mono-teams usually get obliterated in the competitive scene. Here are some of my recommendations (most will assume you're playing Singles):

Mega Manectric: Lightningrod as your non-mega ability, use that to draw in your opponent's Electric attacks, and Intimidate as your mega ability, which drops your opponent's Attack by one stage. This is a blessing especially considering this generation seems to be very physical based. Carry Volt Switch, Hidden Power Ice, Overheat, and Thunderbolt for Singles, Protect for Doubles.

Rotom-W: Great bulk, access to Will-O-Wisp to provide residual damage as well as reduce your opponent's Attack by half. Pain Split makes it even more annoying with Hydro Pump acting as its primary STAB move. Thunderbolt and Volt Switch are your Electric options, preference is up to you.

Raikou: Fast and hits with decent amount of damage, Assault Vest set allows it to take more hits. Thunderbolt, Hidden Power Ice, Shadow Ball, and Volt Switch makes a decent set, maybe Extrasensory could fit somewhere.

Zapdos: An excellent Electric type. Can be used offensively, but however the bulkier set seems to be the more popular variant this time around. Thunderbolt and Heat Wave are a must to have, Roost allows you to regain HP and Defog is there to clear the field of entry hazards such as Spikes, Stealth Rocks, etc.

Thunderus: Access to Prankster to make your non-damaging moves have a +1 priority, Thunderwave to paralyze the opponents and reduce their Speed by half, Taunt to prevent them from setting up, and deals decent damage with Thunderbolt/Volt Switch and Hidden Power Ice. Overall a great Pokemon to run.

Looking at the recommendations from other posts, I do NOT recommend:

Lanturn: Terrible base stats, just no.

Ampharos: Its movepool isn't really that great, cool typing, but can't really do much.

Raichu: Again, it's got terrible base stats, it's got good Speed but that's about it. Its attacks don't carry much of a punch and easily dies to almost anything.

If I think of anything for Grass I'll edit this post, but Electric seemed easier to think of.

[Image: mnwpnr2]
TSV: 2918 (Y) | 2420 (OR) | 1713 (Moon)
Thanks to CoolPikachu for the avi, & Skating Squirtle for the sig!

Jan 20, 2015    6:28 PM
Darside
Coffee Lover

718 5 0 2

(Jan 20, 2015 5:15 PM)Team Plasma N wrote:

Looking at the recommendations from other posts, I do NOT recommend:

Lanturn: Terrible base stats, just no.

Ampharos: Its movepool isn't really that great, cool typing, but can't really do much.

Raichu: Again, it's got terrible base stats, it's got good Speed but that's about it. Its attacks don't carry much of a punch and easily dies to almost anything.

If I think of anything for Grass I'll edit this post, but Electric seemed easier to think of.

Lanturn doesnt have place in Gen 6 competitive, i agree with the bad stats, it's a terrible choice for a Mono-Electric type.

to OP, i would recommend Eelektross, very few people use it, is has a wide movepool and you can choose to use it bulky/physical/special, with Levitate ability you dont worry about earthquakes!.

[Image: YwhatRB.png]
Challenge my gym at The Volcanic Ash Gym!
(17:35:13) FlameTheDragon: Join us canadians and live off of maple syrup in igloos

Jan 22, 2015    2:55 PM
Maru-chan
Ace Trainer

716 0 0 0

Wow, thanks for all the tips! :D

It's just for having fun with my friends, we're not even going online to play. We just have our own little mini tournament going on, complete with badges and everything.

I'll see which ones I have / can breed and work from there, but this has really given me some great ideas! Thank you everyone!

If you're reading this I wish you a very pleasant day :)

Dec 28, 2015    6:39 AM
SnowdustWolf
Trainer

0 0 0

If you go for an electric team, An electric/flying or electric levitater like Eelektross or
Rotom forms to cover that oh-so-glaring mono-electric team weakness to ground.
May I recommend Rotom wash because it has one weakness, is bulky and deals with
ground types. Also, if you are willing to risk the accuracy, rotom fridge could be good.
Almost no pokemon in the game resist electric and ice attacks, so it could be good.
Also rotom gets access to things like will-o-wisp, pain split, trick and thunder wave

Hope this helps :)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Connect

Affiliations

We currently have no affiliations.

Apply for Affiliation

Design

PokéSwitch / Dark
Design by Global Trade Station / Artwork by Darside