User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things You'd Like To See Changed...
Jun 01, 2007    10:08 AM
Torhu
Lunareon Trainer

0 0 0 0

Things You'd Like To See Changed...
Okay, it's been four gens. Things have come and gone, and things have come and stuck around. Out of curiousity, what types of things would you like to see tweaked for future gens? Here's my list:

1. Revamped HMs. Make them Key Items. Victory Road in D/P is the perfect example of how HMs have gotten out of control. You need five to make it through, and regardless of how many Bibarel can learn, you still need a second Poke to have that last move. I don't like having to carry only four battle Pokemon into one of the tougher areas in the game. Turning HMs Key Items prevents sequence breaking, and also ensures that you don't have to weaken your team in order to continue.

2. Frustration Evolution. Happiness Evos have been done to death, and have started randomly appearing on casual Pokemon. Why do Buneary and Budew have to be happy to evolve? Heck, I never could figure out why Golbat had to be happy to turn into Crobat. Whatever the case, if a Pokemon can evolve because it's happy, it should also evolve because it's getting angry. We've got Frustration as an attack, so why not take it one step further and have Pokemon that evolve into something if you don't take good care of them. Best way to debut this of course would be with the following...

3. Finish off the Eeveelutions. With the introduction of Glaceon and Leafeon, it's officially impossible to make a team containing all the Eeveelutions. It's time to wrap it up and put the rest of them out there. Poison, Ghost, Flying, Dragon, Fighting, Steel, Ground, Rock, and of course...the second level Normal Eevee. This could be the focus of the next gen if you wanted. Instead of the fire/grass/water starters, you're given an Eevee...and at some point in the game you get your choice as to who you want it to evolve too. To make things interesting, if you don't take good care of your Eevee...it potentially could "die" and turn into the Ghost Eeveelution. Taking extra good care of it has the chance of it evolving into the new Normal Eevelution.

4. No More "Running" Legendaries. The Dogs at least stuck around for a few turns. But Mespirit flees immediately, making it impossible to start anything more than just a few turns. The new tracking system takes the major annoyance out, but they shouldn't run on the first turn. It should be just like a normal battle once the encounter starts.

5. Turn Up the "Catch Rates". It was during my battle with Azelf that I realized just how tired I'm getting of having to throw anywhere from 30-40 of the various balls at a Pokemon to try and catch it. And I've noticed certain wild Pokemon have some pretty high tolerance to various balls. A lvl 11 Murkrow being able to escape from a Dusk Ball while asleep with a sliver of health and a lvl 40 Roselia as its opponent? Once...it got lucky. But THREE times? That's getting riddiculous. And don't get me started on the marathon to catch a wild Chansey. But when I've got ANY Pokemon down to a sliver of health and either asleep or paralyzed, there's no reason that it needs to take 36 Dusk Balls and 5 Ultra Balls before it finally stays in the ball. And trust me, that sliver was small enough that a lvl 17 Starly using Quick Attack was enough to KO it. I know, because that's what happened during the previous attempt (Night Shade = helpful for controlled damage). To make things worse, I've still got Heatran...Cressellia...Mespirit....Giratina....and eventually Arceus, Shaymin, and Darkrai. I've got one Master Ball between 7 of them. And if I recall, most of them are higher than lvl 50. Rayquaza and Mewtwo took a combined two weeks worth of tries (getting frustrated and going back later...not straight through) to go in an Ultra Ball. And by the looks of things against Azelf and Uxie, Dusk Balls don't help much. So really...

6. Decrease The Number Of Legendary Pokemon Introduced. There's so many one off or Legendary Pokemon introduced each version that they stop meaning anything. All I think now is: "Well, there's the Pokemon that I'm going to have to waste a few days trying to catch." And then, to make things worse... R/S and now D/P introduce version specific Legends? Do you have any idea how hard it's going to be to legitmately aquire a a Groudon from somebody with Ruby? Or Palkia from somebody with Pearl? "Temp Trade" comes to mind, but how is that going to help me actually "catch 'em all"? G/S did it right. You get your version's Pokemon during the course of the game. But then if you choose to, after you beat the Elites you earn the ability to catch the other. Why couldn't they ahve done that with R/S or D/P? Though that would just be one more annoying battle. Which of course brings me to my final suggestion...

7. More Master Balls. One is good for a start. But in this age of nearly a dozen one-offs, legends, and rares...they should at least drop you a few extra. And not in some REALLY lucky draw in the Lotto. Perhaps earn them. Like you get a second for beating the Elite Four for the first time. Or perhaps you can get one in the Battle Tower for X-number of points. This way they're not just handed to you, but they're not exactly INCREDIBLY long odds to aquire.

Wow...that turned into a Rant. Sorry bout that, but there's been some thing about these games that have started to progressively annoy me.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Jun 01, 2007    10:50 AM
Razor124
Saga Trainer

0 0 0 0

RE: Things You'd Like To See Changed...
wow... you pretty much said it all.... i have to say i disagree with that evee thing though.... i'd hate that soooo much!!!! why? well, i dunno about you, but i like to end up with each starter in my team at a strong level, and with eighty versions of eevee, that becomes impossible!! and you know if they do that, they'd HAVE to give each a third form, because you'd get INCREDIBLY tired of using that same pokemon from level, what? 16? for the duration of the game... they'd have to make an evolved form of jolteon, and vaporeon, and umbreon, etc..... you know?

And you don't really have to decrease the number of legendaries introduced, cuz frankly, i enjoy having things to do once i can beat the elite four easily using only one pokemon... the game has a way of getting... tired.... at least with a dozen legendaries, there's something t do... but at least, make them a bit more crucial in the story, not a "oh look, a giratina, that's cool!" you know?

and as for the legendaries that flee, just put a wobbuffet first on your party, his shadow tag will prevent them from running away, each turn they'll try and fail, so you never lose any life, you have all the time you want to catch it.....

and other than that^, you pretty much said it all.. although i'm sure i'll find my way back here once i think of something else.....

[Image: Sig2.png]
Hello, My Name Is PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE!!!!

Jun 01, 2007    11:25 AM
Razor124
Saga Trainer

0 0 0 0

oh, and what about the combat system... i mean, it's great for pokemon, but wouldn't a lil more interraction between pokemon be a lil more exciting, as opposed to pokemon just standing in one spot and wiggling a lil bit with each attack..... i'm just saying it could be more exciting.... and with the cartriges now, i'm sure they could do it without it taking away from the length and requirements of the game....

Jun 01, 2007    11:45 AM
Torhu
Lunareon Trainer

0 0 0 0

They don't have to give Eeveelutions a second evolution. Though I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

Jun 01, 2007    6:05 PM
Haplo
Trainer

0 0 0

Definitely agree with the HMs, i HATE Rock Climb, Defog, Flash and Cut. Not a huge fan of Strength either, but it's better than those ones.
Rather than making them Key items though, make the HM moves seperate from Battle moves, so they can be used for the out of Battle things, but have an option for it to take up a battle move slot as well, that way you can still use some in battle if you like ( I <3 Surf).

Jun 01, 2007    7:11 PM
Torhu
Lunareon Trainer

0 0 0 0

I thought about that, but it starts getting confusing at that point. Somebody suggested Held Items, but the conern there is you can accidentally sell or throw those away.

Jun 02, 2007    2:37 AM
Razor124
Saga Trainer

0 0 0 0

ok, I like the idea of having HMs being key items the trainer uses rather than the pokemon.... it'd sure free up a lot of move slots for party pokemon... but you can't tell me if they gave you an eevee (like they did in the gamecube game (i forget the name)) you wouldn't get bored about a third of the game in with using the same pokemon over and over.... wouldn't you like a little variety??

Jun 02, 2007    7:18 AM
Torhu
Lunareon Trainer

0 0 0 0

Up until the last few Gyms, my party consisted of the following.

My starter, now fully evolved into Empoleon.
Staraptor I caught as a Starly outside Twinleaf.
Roselia I caught as a Budew before Starly.
A Gengar I evolved from a Gastly in Eterna forest.
Luxray evolved from a Shinx I caught somewhere before the first Gym.
Skuntank from the first Stunky I ever saw in the wild.

Since then I've added Cyndaquil/Typhlosion and Turtwig/Torterra. Otherwise my team was pretty much set from the first/second gym.

Jun 02, 2007    8:06 AM
Megaman0
Saga Trainer

493 0 0 0

I disagree with Finish off the Eeveelutions, Turn Up the "Catch Rates, Decrease The Number Of Legendary Pokemon Introduced and More Masterballs.

There are enough Eeveelutions basically only Elemental Eeveelutions are enough so no Poison, Ghost, Flying, Dragon, Fighting, Steel, Ground, Rock or a second level Normal Eevee is nesaccarry

Catching is the challenge of Pokemon games the rates are good as they are

Decrease The Number Of Legendary I agree with this with a but...Heatran, Cresselia and Phione were unnecassarry and not needed...but if they were integrated in the story I wouldn't mind as much so I guess it just depends how you look at it.

More Masterballs...ONE IS ENOUGH :P

Read S12ord and Pokemon Dark and Light is on an indefinite hiatus

Jun 02, 2007    8:22 PM
Razor124
Saga Trainer

0 0 0 0

Megaman0 wrote: Decrease The Number Of Legendary I agree with this with a but...Heatran, Cresselia and Phione were unnecassarry and not needed...but if they were integrated in the story I wouldn't mind as much so I guess it just depends how you look at it.

so you agree with me then?

Edited: Jun 06, 2007   /   Jun 06, 2007    6:29 PM
Torhu
Lunareon Trainer

0 0 0 0

Now that I'm trying to complete the national dex, here's another one.  When you get the national dex in a game, it should have three options.

1. Traditional Number System.  Ordered 001-XXX.
2. "Recent Gen" System.  Put all evolutions in their logical order.  I think G/S did this with theirs.  That way evolutions that cross generations are together in the dex.
3. Hybrid of the two. Grouped by their similiarities. All the Starters first, then the early bird, the rodent, the bugs from the first forest. All the way down to the legendaries.

Jun 06, 2007    6:32 PM
Razor124
Saga Trainer

0 0 0 0

i think they should also have a trade items option, as well as trade pokemon... youn know? seems like a bit of a waste to have to attach items to crap pokemon like geodude and zigzagoon and trade them just to trade a couple items...

Jun 07, 2007    2:29 PM
Haplo
Trainer

0 0 0

Another idea, remove the Caps lock button from the keyboard of whoever names everything in the games.
Perhaps an auto-sort type of thing too, most RPG's have something like that, i'm too lazy to re-order the stuff myself.

Jun 07, 2007    2:53 PM
Torhu
Lunareon Trainer

0 0 0 0

I have to agree with the Caps Lock issue. Why do the names have to be all caps when the rest of the game isn't?

Jun 11, 2007    8:39 AM
Razor124
Saga Trainer

0 0 0 0

you know what else i could live with... if they took off the lock that only lets you fly to towns you've previously visited... i say, if you can fly, let a trainer fly to any spot on any route, like he would be able to in the show...

Jun 11, 2007    8:58 AM
Razor124
Saga Trainer

0 0 0 0

and one more thing... when a pokemon comes out, why is it they all make that scratchy sound, rather than say the pokemon's name? i'm sure with the cartriges now, they could fix that and not take up too much extra room....

Jun 11, 2007    9:36 AM
Megaman0
Saga Trainer

493 0 0 0

I like the GB noises...it also these noises are more realistic than a Pokemon saying it's own name(Think of it as a cat saying Meow instead of saying Cat)

Jun 11, 2007    9:41 AM
Razor124
Saga Trainer

0 0 0 0

i see... but are the games not based on the show? (or is it the other way around? lol) anyways.. that's what they do in the show...

Jun 11, 2007    10:27 AM
Megaman0
Saga Trainer

493 0 0 0

No everything Pokemon is based on the Games...in the very first scene of the Anime is the original GB noise and the same scene you see at the start of red and blue(Turning into the cartoon).

I love that scene...!

Jun 12, 2007    10:20 PM
tweetypokemon
Trainer

0 0 0

the only thing i agree with is the flying thing with razor the eevee dead thing is kinda sad cause wouldnt that have to happen to all you pokemon plus i like the idea but its a kids game in a battle to galatic u lose guess what they kill you so death isnt the best to put in a pokemon game specialy there evoultion plus then u need to feed the pokemon to keep em alive and u starve eevee to evolve it too deatheon i mean i like some ur ideas like master balls u can get two i think in dp but my final point is that how do you evolve it? its ridculous like the idea seems cool but the picture doesnt get what im saying no offense but its just stupid to kill a pokemon to evolve it

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Connect

Affiliations

We currently have no affiliations.

Apply for Affiliation

Design

PokéSwitch / Dark
Design by Global Trade Station / Artwork by Darside