User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wi-Fi / PokeOnline Flaming Flannery's Build a Team Thread!
Edited: Aug 22, 2014   /   Aug 17, 2014    5:23 PM
Flaming Flannery
Builder and Battler

718 0 0 0

Flaming Flannery's Build a Team Thread!
Hey guys, so, in an effort to help get people battling a little more frequently here, I'm opening up shop in the Team Analysis forum.

What will this shop do, you ask? Well, I'm going to build teams for you, free of charge! Just post with 1-3 pokemon you'd like to use on your team, whether you want it to be Wifi or Pokemon Online/Showdown, and I'll come up with something.

NOTE: If you ask for a Wifi team, please specify if you have access to 3rd Gen, 4th Gen, or 5th gen games and are willing to breed in those gens, as move tutor moves are a thing. Also specify what legends you have access to.

You don't even need to post sets for the pokemon, but if you do want to try a specific set, feel free to post it and I'll incorporate it/make improvements while I make the team.

Finally, if you'd rather make your own team and want me to rate it and suggest improvements, feel free to PM me the link to the thread.

NOTE 2: Singles only. Sorry for you doubles/triples/rotation/VGC players, but I don't play those formats often enough to reliably build teams for them.

Currently Building for:
Nobody

Completed Teams:
Executionator (Mega Gardevoir) -> Mega Gardevoir, Magnezone, Gyarados, Krookodile, Starmie, Toxicroak
Kirby Master (Mega Venusaur) -> Mega Venusaur, Rhyperior, Mandibuzz, Suicune, Doublade, Clefable
Dusknoir Sama (Mega Manectric + Sableye) -> Mega Manectric, Sableye, Talonflame, Latias, Ferrothorn, Bisharp
Giannirulz27 (Mega Pinsir) -> Mega Pinsir, Raikou, Gothitelle, Keldeo, Excadrill, Tyranitar
Luisbot (Sableye) -> Sableye, Mega Tyranitar, Azumarill, Ferrothorn, Tentacruel, Landorus-Therian
djluis204 (Gliscor + Vaporeon) -> Gliscor, Vaporeon, Rotom-Heat, Celebi, Mega Gyarados, Excadrill
Ogopj (Hippowdon) -> Hippowdon, Slowbro, Zapdos, Heatran, Ferrothorn, Clefable
CoolPikachu (Rayquaza + Lugia) -> Rayquaza, Lugia, Dialga, Arceus-Water, Heatran, Mega Mewtwo X
Mizugurou (Mega Aerodactyl + Trevenant) -> Mega Aerodactyl, Trevenant, Rotom-Wash, Klefki, Tyranitar, Excadrill
Kirby Master (Mega Charizard Y) -> Mega Charizard Y, Keldeo, Tyranitar, Latias, Thundurus-Incarnate, Landorus-Therian
djluis204 (Scizor + Milotic) -> Scizor, Milotic, Garchomp, Latios, Heatran, Mega Gyarados
Ilovedogs2 (Altaria + Jirachi) -> Altaria, Jirachi, Greninja, Excadrill, Sylveon, Ludicolo,
Roxas (Mega Charizard X + Alakazam) -> Mega Charizard X, Alakazam, Azumarill, Ferrothorn, Mandibuzz, Terrakion
Master Latios (Mega Absol) -> Mega Absol, Starmie, Doublade, Gliscor, Ferrothon, Rotom-heat
Minwoo (Greninja) -> Greninja, Mega Venusaur, Rhyperior, Talonflame, Keldeo, Forretress
Whimsical Dragon (Excadrill) -> Excadrill, Tyranitar, Magnezone, Gengar, Clefable, Mantine
GoldenGirl (Mega Garchomp) -> Mega Garchomp, Tyranitar, Talonflame, Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Azumarill

Trainer Shiny Value Sun: 2538
Trainer Shiny Value Moon: 3820

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Edited: Aug 17, 2014   /   Aug 17, 2014    6:04 PM
Executionator
System Ops.

1 5 0 1

RE: Flaming Flannery's Build a Team Thread!
Mega Gardevoir for po/showdown, preferably a sort of bulky offensive team.

[Image: wv94w1.jpg]

Aug 17, 2014    8:15 PM
Flaming Flannery
Builder and Battler

718 0 0 0

Alright, here's what I came up with for Mega Gardevoir. I haven't tested it out, but it seems pretty good.

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp/Taunt

The choice between Wisp and Taunt is up to you. Taunt makes Garde a better stall breaker, but Wisp can cripple Bisharp. Bisharp isn't that much of a problem in the first place, but there you go.

Magnezone @ Air Balloon/Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid/Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Magnet Rise/Volt Switch

I have these slashed because my initial thought was to use Scarf Magnezone to trap and kill Scizor, Ferrothorn, and other steels that pose a problem for Mega Garde, but the Air Balloon/Magnet Rise set is a fantastic Sand Rush Excadrill check. As it pops your Balloon you use Magnet Rise, then finish it off with HP Fire.

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Stone Edge

Gyarados works pretty well with the core in general and also appreciates the same Steels being taken out as Gardevoir does, so it was a pretty easy fit, and a backup win condition in case Gardevoir can't break through.

Krookodile @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Taunt

Defensive Krookodile covers the weaknesses we have so far pretty perfectly. He's surprisingly bulky and hits surprisingly hard for something this relatively rare. Stealth Rocks is always nice to have on a team, Earthquake is decent STAB, Knock Off gets STAB and has the utility of knocking off the opponent's item and Taunt coupled with a little bit of speed investment lets you outspeed anything slower than Adamant max speed Bisharp and Taunt them, or in Bisharp's case, just KO with Earthquake.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Atk / 4 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Reflect Type

This is the bulky spinner Starmie set that's become more and more popular of late. It has enough speed to outspeed Thundurus-I and Tornadus-I, Scald fishes for burns and improves Starmie's bulk, Recover and Rapid Spin let you reliably clear hazards, and Reflect Type lets you beat Pursuit users, as there basically aren't any that are faster than you.

Toxicroak @ Black Sludge
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 Def
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off/Taunt/Swords Dance/Fake Out

Toxicroak is a lot better in an Aegislash-less meta, as now, the only pokemon that resists both its STABs is, well, itself. The set is a little weird, but it's designed to be able to beat CB Terrakion, who would be a huge problem for this team otherwise. It still loses to Earthquake, but without Aegislash around Earthquake isn't needed, which means many have dropped EQ for other moves. You don't get 2HKO'd after rocks by either CC or Stone Edge, while Drain Punch doesn't OHKO, it heals you up and does around 70-80%, letting you easily cripple and force out Terrakion. For the last moveslot, Knock Off is great utility, of course, Taunt is also a good choice to screw around with some slower walls, Swords Dance lets Toxicroak hit a little bit harder to make up for the lack of Life Orb or attack investment, while Fake Out is chip damage.

Toxicroak also deals with Keldeo, avoiding the 2HKO from Secret Sword and being able to beat it with Drain Punch. Keldeo's Hydro Pump/Scald also heal Toxicroak instead of damaging it, so that's a thing.

I feel like the team is lacking in a specially defensive pokemon, but I think it's a good starting point to test with, and then refinements can be made later on if need be.

Aug 17, 2014    8:40 PM
Kirby Master
quack

718 10 0 0

Mega Venusaur for PO/Showdown. Looking for a tanky set with something like leech seed so he can stall some Pokemon. :o

[Image: oras_mega_starters_by_kirby__master-d81yci3.jpg]
(13:33:26) +Avia: If I could slap Kairobishi Maushikanitohishio in the face I totally would.
Join Pokemon Online to Chat and Battle With Other GTS Members!

Aug 18, 2014    9:29 AM
Flaming Flannery
Builder and Battler

718 0 0 0

So, I went and built a stall team, since stally Mega Venusaur really works best on a stall team :P

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Mega Venusaur is Mega Venusaur. EVs survive 2HKO from Life Orb Terrakion, while getting as much special bulk as possible. Leech Seed + Synthesis + Giga Drain is a lot of recovery, Sludge Bomb is a strong STAB option with a nice chance to poison.

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Rhyperior takes out Birdspam that Mega Venusaur hates, provides utility in Stealth Rock and is just a really, really bulky pokemon with decent attack. It's basically Mega Aggron with better typing and access to Leftovers. STABs are STABs, Ice Punch is for 4x weak mons.

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Foul Play/Knock Off
- Whirlwind/Taunt/Toxic
- Defog

Mandibuzz takes care of psychic attacks aimed at Venusaur, and provides a ground type immunity. It also brings utility in Defog, as well as being able to use Whirlwind, Taunt or Toxic depending on which you like. The choice between Foul Play and Knock Off is also up to preference. If you choose Knock Off I'd suggest Toxic so you can actually deal damage to things, since Knock Off is really only used for removing items.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Suicune gives you nice Ice, Steel, and Water resist, while also being a win condition if it gets the chance to set up, and it can be a status absorber. Standard Crocune is standard.

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Shadow Sneak/Rest
- Pursuit
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic/Rest

Aegislash would be a better option here in general, but since Showdown has it banned and who knows, we might ban Aegislash here, so Doublade is what I'm suggesting for now. It takes on the 3 big Stall Breaking Megas, namely Mega Heracross lacking EQ/Knock Off (very rare), Mega Gardevoir lacking Shadow Ball (Very, very rare) and Mega Medicham lacking Fire Punch (Again, very rare). Pursuit gives it some utility, Gyro Ball is it's best STAB, Shadow Sneak offers priority to clean out very weakened pokemon, and Toxic is Toxic (guaranteed not to miss!). Rest is an option over Shadow Sneak (since it is quite weak) or Toxic (if you have it on Mandibuzz already), since it's Doublade's best Recovery option.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Moonblast

Cleric Clefable rounds out the team, providing a nice specially defensive pokemon, Heal Bell and Wish support and Unaware, to help take out boosting pokemon. Sylveon is also an option, since it has better special bulk, bigger wishes, and more power with Hyper Voice, but it lacks Unaware, which means set up sweepers could possibly break through your team.

If you want to use Aegislash in place of Doublade, then this is the set I would recommend:

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield

Aug 18, 2014    11:25 AM
Dusknoir Sama
투애니원 NOLZA!

718 1 0 0

Mega Manectric and Sableye for PO/Showdown; Maybe a bulky offensive type of team. o:

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=11369043]
-->Wonder Trade Project <--
Ign: DusknoirSama

Aug 18, 2014    1:25 PM
Giannirulz27
Trainer

1 0 0 0

Mega Pinsir please !

[Image: yugioh_mat_x_saber_by_gibo996-d3338td.png]

Competitive Yu-Gi-Oh! Player since Sept. 2009

Aug 18, 2014    1:41 PM
Luisbot
Trainer

0 0 0

Sableye. I do have access to gen 3 and above.

Aug 18, 2014    5:01 PM
ogopj
Development Ops

1 9 0 0

lol, I hate team building, so this is perfect for me!

A stall team with Hippowdon for po/showdown please. I actually have one that I made, but it has some weaknesses. If you'd prefer to take it and modify it, I can send that to you, or if you'd like to just start fresh, that good too.

[Image: 1zarfc.jpg]

Edited: Aug 18, 2014   /   Aug 18, 2014    5:35 PM
Kirby Master
quack

718 10 0 0

I love the team so far, but I've been running in to a few problems so far. Skarmory and Ferrothorn wall the entire team, except for Suicune and Rhyperior with Skarmory, but most people run a Pokemon that counters both or either of them. Do you have any tips or changes to the team you could suggest?

(13:33:26) +Avia: If I could slap Kairobishi Maushikanitohishio in the face I totally would.

Edited: Aug 18, 2014   /   Aug 18, 2014    5:40 PM
djluis204
GTS League Champion

718 8 0 0

Pokemon I would like to use: Gliscor and Vaporeon. And this is PO/Showdown

[Image: hd4NQlP.png]
Credit to Darside

Edited: Aug 18, 2014   /   Aug 18, 2014    6:34 PM
Flaming Flannery
Builder and Battler

718 0 0 0

Dusknoir Sama, here's what I got.

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Standard Mega Man is Standard.

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Bold/Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Foul Play/Knock Off

Standard Sableye is Standard. If using Foul Play, go Bold. If using Knock Off, go Impish.

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Steel Wing

Here we have Choice Band Talonflame, running just enough speed to outspeed Choice Scarf Tyranitar by 1 point, max attack, the rest into HP (still odd for Stealth Rock). Steel Wing is there because the 4th moveslot isn't really needed but it beats Diancie, so, yeah, why not. Seriously though, it's only there for Diancie, don't bother against Tyranitar, just U-turn out of there.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Healing Wish
- Psyshock/Surf
- Draco Meteor/Surf

Heatran is a problem for the team if Latias doesn't carry Surf, so pick the STAB you feel comfortable giving up and bingo bongo, Heatran isn't a problem anymore. Alternatively, you can run Hidden Power Ground to do more to Heatran, dent Tyranitar and Bisharp, but HP Fighting is better to hit those last two. Surf is better than HP fighting against Heatran though.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip/Gyro Ball
- Protect

Ferrothorn is your water attack sponge, and is generally annoying.

Bisharp @ Dread Plate
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Bisharp gives you Ghost and Dark resists, as well as being a win condition that your VoltTurn core can help support.

Honestly, I'm not feeling that great about the team...Sableye really is the weak link here, providing very few resistances, but since you asked to put it in I'm not going to remove it.

Giannirulz, here's what I got for your Mega Pinsir team.

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Feint
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

So, a few important points on this set. Earthquake over Close Combat as it deals with Heatran much better, and Close Combat really only lets you break through Skarmory and Rotom-W if they have say, 5% less prior damage than it takes for Return to break through them. Not really worth it, especially given the rest of the team. Feint is to potentially beat other Mega Pinsir that try to Quick Attack revenge you, or to deal a bit of damage to Talonflame before it takes you out. It's also hilarious to break Protects with it. Hyper Cutter is used because Mold Breaker is too obvious, and Moxie is really hard to use well against a good player, but Hyper Cutter (by waiting a turn before Mega Evolving) helps against Intimidate users.

Raikou @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 SpA / 32 SpD / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

A really bulky pivot who deals with Birdspam and Thundurus, two really big issues for Mega Pinsir. Shadow Ball over Extrasensory because of the next pokemon

Gothitelle @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Tag
Modest Nature
- Trick
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Energy Ball

Oh boy, it's Gothitelle! This thing traps and kills Skarmory, Rotom-W, Ferrothorn, Chansey, Mega Venusaur, and more. It supports both Mega Pinsir and Raikou very well.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Scald

Standard Keldeo is Standard, and it also helps pave the way for Mega Pinsir to sweep, or, it cleans up after Mega Pinsir takes care of Mega Venusaur and Amoonguss, the two pokemon that are huge thorns in Keldeo's side.

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

I'm iffy on using Air Balloon but the ground type immunity is nice and makes it hard to take this thing out. Rapid Spin can clear the way for Pinsir to come in after it is taken out and caused its havoc, and the rest just dents things.

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam
- Pursuit

Stealth Rock for your team, Stone Edge for Birdspam, Ice Beam for Lando and Gliscor and Dragons, Pursuit to trap and kill Latias and other Psychics. Smooth Rock to give Excadrill the most turns possible to spin/wallbreak.

Luisbot, here we go, a Sableye team...as I said to Dusknoir Sama, Sableye is a pretty bad pokemon. It doesn't fit on offensive teams well, and defensive teams hate it's lack of resistances. It also requires Will o Wisp to be able to wall physical pokemon, and it can't wall special pokemon even if invested in SpD.

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Bold/Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Foul Play/Knock Off

Same as for Dusknoir Sama, either Bold + Foul Play or Impish + Knock Off.

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

This is your win condition, it uses it's good bulk to set up easily and then rip through teams.

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Assault Vest Azumarill sponges special attacks really well and still hits back really hard, as well as being able to knock off items and revenge weakened pokemon with Aqua Jet

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

You really want Gyro Ball in this case to deal with Fairies, and with Spikes you can be a sort of hazard stacking team to help Mega Ttar sweep.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SpD / 8 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off

Tentacruel is a surprisingly fast and bulky Rapid Spinner. Toxic and Scald for obvious reasons, Knock Off is just good utility. Liquid Ooze over Rain Dish to troll Mega Venusaurs that Giga Drain you. It also lets it absorb random Leech Seeds.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Defensive Lando-T rounds out the team, giving a ground immunity, Intimidate and good physical bulk, as well as Stealth Rocks and U-turn for momentum.

Kirby Master, you can replace Sludge Bomb with Hidden Power Fire and make Venusaur 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe Modest, that will let it 2HKO Skarmory with HP Fire and obviously beat Ferrothorn. Just don't switch into Brave Bird and you'll be fine.

djluis204, here's what I got.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 72 Def / 192 SpD
Jolly Nature
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Substitute

Special defense Gliscor is great. It does pretty much everything regular physically defensive Gliscor does, but also helps it beat some other special threats that lack ice coverage (like a large amount of Landorus-Incarnates, for example).

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Roar

Pretty standard Vaporeon. You already have Gliscor for Toxic shenanigans, so Roar makes a nice option to get rid of boosting sweepers.

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Bold Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave

Double Status Rotom-Heat is something I've really been itching to try out. Normally physically defensive Rotom's run enough speed to outspeed and burn max speed Jolly Azumarill...but since Rotom-Heat is weak to water instead of resisting it like the typical Rotom-Wash, so might as well dump it into bulk.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Baton Pass
- Recover

SpD Celebi is great, being able to beat Landorus-Is lacking Sludge Wave or Knock Off (and even then, it can beat Knock Off variants given a switch into something other than Knock Off) as well as dealing excellently with Keldeo and denting Mega Venusaur hard with Psychic. Baton Pass is there to escape Pursuit trappers, something U-turn doesn't do.

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall

Mono attacking bulky Gyarados-Mega is pretty sweet. Status Absorber, set up sweeper, and nothing has immunity to Waterfall thanks to Mold Breaker.

Excadrill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

AV Excadrill is something I experimented with as a bulky rapid spin user with a pretty great typing. You'd be surprised the fire attacks this thing eats up. The only downside to the set is the lack of recovery but Wish Pass Vaporeon takes care of that.

Ogopj, would you rather I rate your team or make one from scratch?

Aug 18, 2014    9:16 PM
Dusknoir Sama
투애니원 NOLZA!

718 1 0 0

Many thanks FF. I shall give take the team for a spin sometime tomorrow and I'll let you know how it goes.

Any by looking at it I can see what you mean about Sableye is the weak link. I most likely will end up replaing him in the long run. What would you think is a good pokemon to switch him out for?

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=11369043]
-->Wonder Trade Project <--
Ign: DusknoirSama

Aug 19, 2014    3:51 AM
ogopj
Development Ops

1 9 0 0

(Aug 18, 2014 6:34 PM)Flaming Flannery wrote:

Ogopj, would you rather I rate your team or make one from scratch?

I guess it's probably best to just start from scratch so that my bad team making abilities don't have any influence Wink

[Image: 1zarfc.jpg]

Aug 19, 2014    6:13 AM
Flaming Flannery
Builder and Battler

718 0 0 0

Dusknoir Sama, I'd replace Sableye with AV or CB Azumarill. Both are good options, I like AV more in this meta. Its typing works well with the team, covering up some holes and its own weaknesses already being covered by the others.

Here's the set
Azumarill @ Assault Vest/Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Opopj, this is what I came up with.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

SpD Hippowdon is pretty good, able to take a lot (though not all) of the physical pokemon its normal set deals with, while also being able to deal with stuff like Mega Charizard Y (Fire Blast isn't a 2HKO after rocks). EQ and Slack Off are standard, Whirlwind is good support for any team, and Rock Slide is to take out Talonflames and Charizard Ys and Mega Pinsirs.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Slowbro covers a lot of physical threats, including Mega Medicham that is lacking Thunderpunch. Moves are pretty standard, T-wave for support.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Heat Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Defog

Zapdos takes on the physical attackers that Slowbro doesn't like to, like Bisharp and BirdSpam, while it provides Defog support as well. 16 Speed outspeeds Adamant Bisharp by 1 point, letting you Heatwave it.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

Heatran is just generally bulky, provides good resistances to the team and gives Toxic support, as well as Taunt to help shut down opposing stall teams

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Power Whip

Ferrothorn is your main water switch in, so Power Whip was chosen over Gyro Ball. Protect is also nice to scout for things, Stealth Rock and Leech Seed don't need explanation.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled

This Clefable gives you a win condition, and Greninja is a huge threat to your team otherwise, but this set avoids the Hydro Pump 2HKO, allowing you to potentially set up on Greninja if given a free switch, or simply Soft-Boiled stall it until it dies to Life Orb recoil.

Aug 19, 2014    7:33 AM
CoolPikachu
I breed to battle

718 4 0 0

Ooh this is a nice idea. Do you do Ubers teams? I'd really want to try out a PO/showdown team with rayquaza and lugia. Grin

Shiny Value: 507 | Xbox Live Gamer Tag: JMSPikachu
[Image: samurott_by_coolpikachu29-d5zdlzi.png]
My Deviantart | My Youtube

Edited: Aug 19, 2014   /   Aug 19, 2014    7:52 AM
Flaming Flannery
Builder and Battler

718 0 0 0

To be fair, I haven't tried making Ubers teams much, but I can give it a shot.

At least the threat list for Ubers is a lot smaller, so it shouldn't be too rough.

Alright, here's the Ubers team.

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- V-create
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance

Swords Dance Rayquaza doubles as both a wallbreaker and a sweeper/cleaner. Swords Dance boosts it to insane amounts of attack, which lets it shrug off burns, and Extreme Speed helps overcome its average speed. V-Create is more spammable than Outrage (they have the same base power) when wallbreaking and will be the main attack used.

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Aeroblast
- Toxic
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Standard Lugia is standard. Not much to say here.

Dialga @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Thunder
- Draco Meteor
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

This Dialga works as a Kyogre check and lead/SR user all in one. Just be careful of Water Spout, as Specs 2HKOs you and Scarf will be able to 3HKO you (2 full powered Water Spouts plus one more after you Thunder does 92%-105% factoring in Leftovers)

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Defog
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Arceus Water also works as a back up Kyogre check, can Will-o-Wisp physical threats and provides Defog support which Rayquaza and Lugia both really enjoy.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
- Lava Plume
- Flash Cannon
- Protect
- Taunt

Heatran is there as a GeoXern check, being able to beat the most common set of HP Fire + Psyshock, though obviously it loses to Focus Blast and while it loses to Thunder sets on high damage rolls, you get to at least chunk Xerneas for 50-60%. So it's important whoever they bring Xerneas in on does as much damage to Xerneas as possible. Toxic, Will o Wisp, Whirlwind, hit it so that by the time Heatran goes down, it'll be at 30-36%, so that Rayquaza can revenge it.

Mewtwo @ Mewtwonite X
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stone Edge/Taunt
- Low Kick
- Fire Blast
- Psystrike

This mixed Mewtwo X puts in a lot of work. Psystrike hits harder than 252 Atk Zen Headbutt, Low Kick still hits incredibly hard, Fire Blast takes out steel types, and Stone Edge is for Ho-oh and Yveltal. Taunt is an option over Stone Edge so pokemon can't stall Mewtwo out, but it's up to you which to choose. This set works as both a wallbreaker and a cleaner, so it fits will with Rayquaza. They can both clean up and wallbreak for the other.

Aug 19, 2014    9:53 AM
CoolPikachu
I breed to battle

718 4 0 0

Thanks so much! Grin It looks great. Time to test it out on showdown. >=D

Shiny Value: 507 | Xbox Live Gamer Tag: JMSPikachu
[Image: samurott_by_coolpikachu29-d5zdlzi.png]
My Deviantart | My Youtube

Edited: Aug 19, 2014   /   Aug 19, 2014    11:02 AM
Mizugorou
Mizu!

718 0 0 0

hi FF, I'd like to have a team built around Mega Aerodactyl and Trevenant for Wi-Fi. I only have access to generation 6 stuff, and the legends I have access to are Diancie, Jirachi and Heatran. (Well, I have access to others, but they're not very good in terms of IVs)

I have an idea for Trevenant, with the Chesto Resto with Harvest technique, along with Leech Seed and Will-O-Wisp, but I'll let you decide if that's good or not.

[Image: 9c8120ed88f5f5a02ad3e598bbd15530-d7v138n.png]
All you need to be happy in life is a Mudkip on your shoulder and an Umbreon by your side.
I made my own siggy for a change :O

Aug 19, 2014    3:59 PM
Kirby Master
quack

718 10 0 0

If you don't mind doing another team then I'd like to see what you could make centered around Charizard Y.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Connect

Affiliations

We currently have no affiliations.

Apply for Affiliation

Design

PokéSwitch / Dark
Design by Global Trade Station / Artwork by Darside