Poll: How do you feel about the limitations against past event prize winners?
This poll is closed.
Limiting to 1 event is enough. 25.00% 4 25.00%
Limiting to 2 events is best. 31.25% 5 31.25%
Limiting to 3 is fair. 12.50% 2 12.50%
I don't think there should be any limits to past winners. They should get fair odds for their efforts! 31.25% 5 31.25%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

 
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Official Events; Past Winners Limitations
Edited: May 23, 2014   /   May 21, 2014    11:08 AM
Offline
Avia
No suckups, cash only.

222 15 0 28
8,461



Post: #1
Events; Past Winners Limitations
So, how long do you think the past winners should be limited in their event rankings?

Skating Squirtle, djluis204, and shtephh won in the Black & White 2 event. At the moment it seems djluis204 and SKS will be participating again, they were blocked out of the Top 5 ranking last year.

At the moment, it's still undecided whether past winners will be blocked out of Top 10, allowing them only to go as high as Rank 11-15, or allow them to reach positions 9 & 10. It all depends on the amount of participation we receive.

But either way, they don't get to reach as high odds as they did the first time. But should this limit last forever? I remind everyone that our community is fairly small, it's pretty much a large handful of people that consistently participates.

So far, SKS, djluis204, and shtephh has been limited to one event, last year's X/Y. Being limited to OR/AS will be their second.

Will being limited to 2 be enough? When will they count for full chances again?

Arphage, Kirby Master, whiteesky, ForbiddenWolf19, and The Pikachu Mafia will of course be limited for the first time in this event because they won in the X/Y event.

Please share your thoughts.


Find all posts by this user

Edited: May 26, 2014   /   May 22, 2014    8:34 PM
Offline
Kirby Master
quack


718 10 0 0
3,230



Post: #2
RE: Events; Past Winners Limitations
I changed my opinion. I think 1-2 is fair.

[Image: oras_mega_starters_by_kirby__master-d81yci3.jpg]
(13:33:26) +Avia: If I could slap Kairobishi Maushikanitohishio in the face I totally would.
Join Pokemon Online to Chat and Battle With Other GTS Members!


Find all posts by this user

May 22, 2014    8:37 PM
Offline
djluis204
GTS League Champion


718 8 0 0
1,421



Post: #3
RE: Events; Past Winners Limitations
I think, in my totally unbiased opinion, that a one year limit on past winner breaking the top 10 is enough of a time to let other people get high odds in winning these raffles.

[Image: hd4NQlP.png]
Credit to Darside

Find all posts by this user

May 22, 2014    8:43 PM
Offline
Avia
No suckups, cash only.

222 15 0 28
8,461



Post: #4
RE: Events; Past Winners Limitations
(May 22, 2014 8:37 PM)djluis204 wrote:

I think, in my totally unbiased opinion, that a one year limit on past winner breaking the top 10 is enough of a time to let other people get high odds in winning these raffles.

So what you're saying is you should be allowed into the Top 10 this year?

I was actually bordering between 2 or 3 myself, glad you're offering the 1 year input XD


Find all posts by this user

May 23, 2014    6:32 AM
Offline
Briaah
Magix's Minion


649 2 0 0
1,455



Post: #5
RE: Events; Past Winners Limitations
I think 1 - 2 is fine. 3 seems like kinda a long time for me considering games don't always come out every year...(though that has seemed to have been the trend for the past 3 years so maybe they're getting more consistent idk) Either way, 3 years seems like a while lol.

Anyways, like you said, the amount of people who actually consistently participate in events is fairly small, considering so it would be kinda silly imho to have them limited for a longer period of time. Then everyone starts getting limited and there will only be like, 10 people who can actually be in the top 10 anyways.

Just my thoughts...

[Image: glass_by_briaah-d61zrc2.png]


Find all posts by this user

May 23, 2014    10:54 AM
Offline
Lylan
Trainer


60 0 0 0
769



Post: #6
RE: Events; Past Winners Limitations
I'd be OK with no limits. The competitions mainly seem to award points based on participation, not talent. So it's not like for example a few amazing artists could just steamroll the competition every year and not give other people a chance to win.

Also these competitions aren't very often, so anything more than 1 seems a very long time to limit someone...

[Image: anc20h.png]


Find all posts by this user

May 23, 2014    10:58 AM
Offline
Avia
No suckups, cash only.

222 15 0 28
8,461



Post: #7
RE: Events; Past Winners Limitations
It's simply a way to up the odds of those that haven't won. Currently I'm sitting at 1 or 2 being fair.

If we go at 1, then SKS & djluis204 (who seem to be participating this year) won't be limited this year since they were already limited during the XY event.

Arphage, Kirby Master, whiteesky & Forbiddenwolf19 would be limited this event.

I would think a minimum of 1 event limitation is fair since we already did that to SKS, djluis204 & shtephh in our XY competition.

So are we all in agreement here? That past winners are only limited in the next event to the ones they already won? Anyone that disagrees? I'll add a poll.


Find all posts by this user

May 23, 2014    11:27 AM
Away
Leo297
User unavailable

1 1 0 0
3,130



Post: #8
RE: Events; Past Winners Limitations
I think 1 year is enough for them to be unable to participate. And maybe they can be banned from 1st to 5th place on the second year.
What I suggest, though, is that the winners of last year help organise and supervise this year's event.
Maybe adding challenging events to them, as they've been through them before!

You guys remind me of the head game makers of the Hunger Games xD


Find all posts by this user

May 23, 2014    11:44 AM
Offline
Briaah
Magix's Minion


649 2 0 0
1,455



Post: #9
RE: Events; Past Winners Limitations
They weren't blocked from participation, just out of being in the top whatever so that they don't have an x amount of more chances of winning, that's all.

But yeah, I think 1 year is fair, just to give those who haven't won a better chance.

[Image: glass_by_briaah-d61zrc2.png]


Find all posts by this user

May 23, 2014    11:45 AM
Offline
Caffeine Cup
Don't drink and derive


1 9 0 0
2,461



Post: #10
RE: Events; Past Winners Limitations
(May 23, 2014 10:58 AM)Avia wrote:

It's simply a way to up the odds of those that haven't won. Currently I'm sitting at 1 or 2 being fair.

If we go at 1, then SKS & djluis204 (who seem to be participating this year) won't be limited this year since they were already limited during the XY event.

Arphage, Kirby Master, whiteesky & Forbiddenwolf19 would be limited this event.

I would think a minimum of 1 event limitation is fair since we already did that to SKS, djluis204 & shtephh in our XY competition.

So are we all in agreement here? That past winners are only limited in the next event to the ones they already won? Anyone that disagrees? I'll add a poll.

Glad to see that I can break Top 10 again this time around! Omg


(20:53:25) Roxas: I blame TPM


Find all posts by this user

May 23, 2014    11:54 AM
Offline
Avia
No suckups, cash only.

222 15 0 28
8,461



Post: #11
RE: Events; Past Winners Limitations
(May 23, 2014 11:27 AM)Leo297 wrote:

I think 1 year is enough for them to be unable to participate. And maybe they can be banned from 1st to 5th place on the second year.
What I suggest, though, is that the winners of last year help organise and supervise this year's event.
Maybe adding challenging events to them, as they've been through them before!

You guys remind me of the head game makers of the Hunger Games xD

(May 23, 2014 11:44 AM)Briaah wrote:

They weren't blocked from participation, just out of being in the top whatever so that they don't have an x amount of more chances of winning, that's all.

But yeah, I think 1 year is fair, just to give those who haven't won a better chance.

Yes that's exactly right, we're calling it Past Winners Limitations because they CAN participate, they're not blocked or banned.

TPM, Kirby Master, Whiteesky and ForbiddenWolf19 for example dominated the Top 5 to 7 ranking positions.

With these 4 being limited to say rank 9 or rank 11 and lower, they cannot have as high odds as people that haven't won. That's the issue we're debating. How long do we limit them like this for.

(May 23, 2014 11:45 AM)The Pikachu Mafia wrote:

Glad to see that I can break Top 10 again this time around! Omg

That's not for certain yet! There's a poll!


Find all posts by this user

May 26, 2014    12:11 PM
Offline
Avia
No suckups, cash only.

222 15 0 28
8,461



Post: #12
RE: Events; Past Winners Limitations
Okay, I guess our B/W2 winners will not be limited in the OR/AS event. But the X/Y winners will Bouaaaaah


Find all posts by this user

May 26, 2014    2:07 PM
Offline
Top Yoshi
Yoshi Lover


1 0 0 0
61



Post: #13
RE: Events; Past Winners Limitations
Yeah I think 1-2 is fair...

[Image: tumblr_nglhv2PNDN1te8k9qo1_540.png]


Find all posts by this user


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
 



Connect

Affiliations

We currently have no affiliations.

Apply for Affiliation

 

Design

PokéSwitch / Dark
Design by Global Trade Station / Artwork by Darside