User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Building a Deck
Feb 12, 2014    12:24 PM
inspectorq
Cute Pokémon Collector

312 0 0 0

Building a Deck
I just recently began card collecting again. To get myself started I got on Amazon and just bought a couple different booster packs. I also stopped at the local Target and bought some of the older HG/SS booster packs they were selling on clearance for 3 dollars each. Pretty decent deal for some of the cards I got, not so much for others!

I've looked online but haven't found any great resources for building my first competitive deck. Could anyone point me in the right direction or give me some pointers? I would super duper appreciate it!

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Mar 18, 2014    6:06 PM
KnightZekrom
Rocket Grunt

649 0 0 0

RE: Building a Deck
(Feb 12, 2014 12:24 PM)inspectorq wrote:

I just recently began card collecting again. To get myself started I got on Amazon and just bought a couple different booster packs. I also stopped at the local Target and bought some of the older HG/SS booster packs they were selling on clearance for 3 dollars each. Pretty decent deal for some of the cards I got, not so much for others!

I've looked online but haven't found any great resources for building my first competitive deck. Could anyone point me in the right direction or give me some pointers? I would super duper appreciate it!

well first u gotta now what type of deck u wanna build there are many butbits to much to remember and then u go on from there collecting the right card u need to build that deck u want but if u want a deck start out with the arceus deck or the arragon deck :)

[Image: 188479_10150194824987782_773537781_88488...01_n-3.jpg]
"Pickachuuuu" FTW

Mar 18, 2014    7:47 PM
Flaming Flannery
Builder and Battler

718 0 0 0

Its been a while since I checked it, but TheTopCut is pretty good for that sort of thing.

Generaly tips though are to have around 8-16 energy, 24-32 trainers, and then anywhere from 12-28 pokemon. That's the general breakdown, leaning more towards something like 12 energy, 28 trainers and 20 pokemon.

Some strategies want more trainers and energy, some want more pokemon, but those general guidelines seem to work well.

Trainer Shiny Value Sun: 2538
Trainer Shiny Value Moon: 3820

Mar 19, 2014    9:40 AM
LegendsLugia
Emergency Dekaranger

477 0 0 0

as of now only LEGAL cards to play with are anything from ex next destinies and so forth plus you would need to see what deck you want to make.atm I see people playing with plasma which has done decent a few genesect decks keldeo/blastoise and darkrai are some of the things I see people use.but like FF said use thetopcut to check out their strategies and stuff

[Image: Legendslugia_LoveWars_banner_1a_by_.png]

Space Pirates thats whats up.Signature credit to ForbiddenWolf19.

Sep 01, 2016    12:39 PM
Away
JaePea
Trainer

41 0 0 0

This is my own opinion on the deck building, but from a friend, I was told that you want to either go fairly offensive or defensive. I noticed that a lot of very powerful basic EXs exist now and gameplays change dramatically around those EXs.

Considering them, there are also regular pokemon cards that can counter or render Ex's obsolete. You'll always at least want to consider, if you don't plan on using EX's then you would best try to put in a few adequate EX busters or resistant pokemon in.

Also, generally speaking, sticking to two to three energy types would be ideal Any pokemon that has normal type energy stacks are always welcome so it makes energy distribution that much more fun. Special energies are rare I believe so nabbing whatever type of those energies you can find can help in the long run.

Trainer and support cards are also important by your preference. I once encountered a Joltik deck that had a move that was dependant on the pokemon you discarded. To say the least, my opponent's deck was loaded with hand discarding trainer cards and draw more card supports and HP increasing equips and pokemon that also had draw ups and so forth. For this example, my opponent optimized his deck with a risky maneuver deck that creates a situation where he throws his deck away in exchange for a powerful basic sweeper.

I was devastated that my EX card was deleted by my opponent's Basic Joltik. TT_TT

But taking into consideration, if you play the online TCG at least, it can give you a small idea on a basic build for decks 20 pkmn, 20 trainers, 20 energy.

Naturally, decks will differ but that will depend completely on your play style and what you want to focus on in terms of pokemon and pokemon abilities.

All in all, most important aspect of TCG is to have fun and be a good sport about wins and losses.

Let's Catch Em All!Yuush

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Connect

Affiliations

We currently have no affiliations.

Apply for Affiliation

Design

PokéSwitch / Dark
Design by Global Trade Station / Artwork by Darside