User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RNG help? I tried,but i don't know what went wrong
Jan 03, 2013    6:45 AM
Solid-Snivy
King N's secret agent

0 0 0 0

RNG help? I tried,but i don't know what went wrong
Hi,I've read a few RNG guides including some on this forum,but something is still going wrong.
First,i captured a few identical boldores in giant chasm cave,calculated and entered their min and max ivs to calibrate the RNG reporter:

[Image: lSPea.jpg]

so,if i pressed the button on 25 but actual secs is 26,that means i should press the a button 1 second earlier when catching my desired pokemon,right?

Then,i decided to catch a shiny sneasel in that same cave(slot 2 on black)

[Image: CG5bG.jpg]

set my DS to the correct date and time but pressed at second eleven instead of 12.

The same lv.50 jynx always appears.I've already tried pressing on second 12 a few times and also,a piloswine always appears.

Notes:I didnt press any buttons at startup.Also,I did not turn on the c-gear.Also,I did not hear any chatot or walked any steps(just sweet scented rigt after the game started)

As it's on frame 1,I didn't advance any.Am I doing it right? xD
Also,is it correct to advance frames by hearing a chatter chatot's cry?
Or do I have to walk 128 steps?

Another doubt I have is:Can I set both the IVs,nature and shininess at the same time? If I do so,which of the two methods should I use for advancing frames?

Thanks for reading!

There are 10 kinds of people:the ones who understand binary and the ones who don't.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Jan 03, 2013    10:35 AM
CoolPikachu
I breed to battle

718 4 0 0

RE: RNG help? I tried,but i don't know what went wrong
I'm not very familiar with RNG catching as I am with rng breeding, however I can answer a couple of your questions...or maybe all of them. Forgive me if you already know some of this stuff.

You can set both the IVs, nature, and shininess at the same time, it just takes longer to find the seed you want. Using a synchroniser with the desired nature is best as you won't have to worry about searching for the nature. To advanced the frame you do use chatots. You only have to walk 128 steps when your iv frame is higher than 1. In your case you don't have to since it is one. Now double click the desired seed you want (the hardy one). A new tab will open up with all the frames that lead up to your desired one. Find the seed that matched your jynx's nature and such. Since you kept getting it that's your starting frame and you have been hitting your seed correctly. Now you must advanced the frame to get your target frame. Start at your counting frame and count up the amount of frames from your starting frame to your target one. The number you get is the amount of chatters you must hear before encountering the pokemon. Hoped that helped. If anythings still confusing or I miss understood you, tell me and I'll help the best I can.

Shiny Value: 507 | Xbox Live Gamer Tag: JMSPikachu
[Image: samurott_by_coolpikachu29-d5zdlzi.png]
My Deviantart | My Youtube

Jan 03, 2013    11:17 AM
Solid-Snivy
King N's secret agent

0 0 0 0

Thanks a lot! I will try again.If I have any doubts,I ask you c:

There are 10 kinds of people:the ones who understand binary and the ones who don't.

Edited: Jan 03, 2013   /   Jan 03, 2013    11:36 AM
Spyros499
I'mGreekAndProud

649 0 0 0

silly' Hidden Grottoes
Really.....1% Chance To Encounter A Goddamn Vulpix Errr.... I'm Saying That Cause I Want One

Edit: Rather off-topic.

Jan 03, 2013    2:09 PM
Solid-Snivy
King N's secret agent

0 0 0 0

If I manage to RNG a flawless vulpix,I can give it to you xD
No results so far,though...
But if you want a common vulpix,I have one extra :)

Jan 04, 2013    6:03 AM
Spyros499
I'mGreekAndProud

649 0 0 0

Thanks But First I Have To Do The Wi-Fi Connection Thing..

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Connect

Affiliations

We currently have no affiliations.

Apply for Affiliation

Design

PokéSwitch / Dark
Design by Global Trade Station / Artwork by Darside