User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking of collecting again
Nov 06, 2012    3:39 PM
katielady
Trainer

0 0 0 0

Thinking of collecting again
Hey, so I used to collect pokemon cards when I was younger. I got the first edition, fossil, jungle, team rocket, second edition, and some gym ones. But I stopped collecting after that, after the original 150 pokemon. I am thinking about starting to collect again but I don't know where to start and I don't even know if it is worth it.

I am just looking for some advice... Is it worth it? Like if I wanted to sell them in the future would they be worth all my time and effort of buying them? (I know there might be different opinions on this, but I'm open to hearing all of them!) And where do I start? Like what new card decks are there and where do I go about buying them?

Thank you! :)

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Nov 06, 2012    4:35 PM
Away
Allana
Wishmaker

718 0 0 0

RE: Thinking of collecting again
I say it's totally worth it! I began collecting cards about a year ago, now I've narrowed it down to Japanese cards only; I just feel they're prettier, but that's just me. :)

Of course there are cards that have more value than others, and you'd certainly be able to fetch a good price if you ever decided to sell your collection.

I suggest you check out Pokegym and The Ultimate Pokémon Card Collectors Club, they're good sites. ^^

[Image: allana_sig.png]
Thank you Sharn for the amazing sig!

Dec 23, 2012    5:26 PM
Taenil
Trainer

0 0 0

I never stopped collecting cards, but I never use them. ; ;

Mew Eevee Eevee

Jan 11, 2013    6:15 PM
zach7hp
Trainer

0 0 0 0

I have started collecting off and on for a year now.. I' am currently collecting and going to try and keep it that way, but it does coast a lot of money and patience. Sometimes you will buy a tin and get nothing you want and that is very discouraging because you spent $15-20 and came up with nothing Sad BUT! it's really fun when you get a good pull!

I don't know if you just collect, play or both but that depends on how you buy the cards. I'm a collector so I buy a lot of singles as well boxes and packs.

I am currently collecting the Base Set, Base Set 2, Jungle, Fossil, Gold Star Cards, And the new stuff like Dragons Exalted, Might collect the full set of Boundaries crossed or maybe just the rare cards but I will collect the Plasma Storm set that is coming out in February!

It is also a lot more fun to do it with a friend opposed to by yourself. Trading is always a lot of fun! And if your not sure still just watch some card opening videos on youtube. I like PrimetimePokemon and you can trade with him if you have the right cards.

Anyway! Have fun! :) Go to walmart, card shops, vintage/comic book shops to buy in person or DAcard world, Collectorscash, Troll and toad, pokeorder, blowout cards, ebay for cards.

[Image: zach7hpsigcopy.png]

Signature thanks to Lethal Hazard!

Feb 20, 2013    11:56 AM
Caffeine Cup
Don't drink and derive

1 9 0 0

Yeah I'd start collecting again if I were you, it's pretty fun!

I also play competitively with the cards outside of just collecting them, so it's harder for me to complete sets (I just collect every ultra rare from every English set) but it's still really fun!

(20:53:25) Roxas: I blame TPM

Feb 20, 2013    4:08 PM
wferreir
Trainer

0 0 0 0

I have the complete basic and jungle packs. I wonder how much it would cost to sell the whole set. LOL!

Feb 21, 2013    10:32 AM
Caffeine Cup
Don't drink and derive

1 9 0 0

It really depends on the condition of your cards, if they're in great condition (no edge wear or anything) then you could probably get a nice chunk of $$ for them. However if they're in "ehhh" condition, you probably wont get too much.

Edited: Mar 15, 2013   /   Mar 15, 2013    6:44 PM
Stuporman
Trainer

649 0 0 0

I used to just collect when I was younger, but I recently got into actually playing the game. You should definitely give that a try. You should try to find a league near where you live. I run one down in Pinellas County, Florida. They're a load of fun and you get to meet other people who share an interest in Pokémon. Depending on the size of the league, you may also be able to trade for whatever cards you're looking for. If you decide to get back into Pokémon, I highly recommend it.

Here are some links related to Pokémon Leagues:

League Info: http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/p...n-leagues/
League Locator: https://www.pokemon.com/us/account/events/

Edited: Mar 19, 2013   /   Mar 19, 2013    10:27 AM
Caffeine Cup
Don't drink and derive

1 9 0 0

(Mar 15, 2013 6:44 PM)Stuporman wrote:

I used to just collect when I was younger, but I recently got into actually playing the game. You should definitely give that a try. You should try to find a league near where you live. I run one down in Pinellas County, Florida. They're a load of fun and you get to meet other people who share an interest in Pokémon. Depending on the size of the league, you may also be able to trade for whatever cards you're looking for. If you decide to get back into Pokémon, I highly recommend it.

Here are some links related to Pokémon Leagues:

League Info: http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/p...n-leagues/
League Locator: https://www.pokemon.com/us/account/events/

Yes I totally agree, playing pokemon TCG competitively is one of my favorite activities partly because I can go out and meet other pokemon fans in real life and make lots of new friends. On top of that there's healthy competition and some sweet prizes as well, it's loads of fun! The leagues are also a great place too, you can go there just to hang out and talk about pokemon or you can practice, trade, etc.

/endnerdrant :P

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Connect

Affiliations

We currently have no affiliations.

Apply for Affiliation

Design

PokéSwitch / Dark
Design by Global Trade Station / Artwork by Darside