User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tips & Tricks
Jan 18, 2012    3:46 AM
Away
bigbart1991
Poke-Breeders

442 0 0 0

Tips & Tricks
Hey guys, I am going through all of my PTCG Cards and thought I would sell them. That is not why I have posted this thread though, selling them is at a later date. I plan on building up the different sets, I have a good bit of promos/older cards/etc.

I just printed out a bunch of price guides/set lists for them pricing them as well. For example, it says that a 1st edition base set goes for around 200-250.

I was just hoping that I could get some tips from the community on selling or building them them, if I can realistically get that high amount of money or not. I was also wondering if it's better selling them individually.

Any tips could help, I am kind of new to all of this and wanted to make sure I started off good.

[Image: 2ih0bvo.png]

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Jan 19, 2012    5:20 PM
Away
bigbart1991
Poke-Breeders

442 0 0 0

RE: Tips & Tricks
Anyone with knowledge at trading/selling/buying cards? :o

Jan 21, 2012    12:32 PM
LegendsLugia
Emergency Dekaranger

477 0 0 0

it depends on the set and condition the cards in just because guidelines tell you how much you can get for them in realistic way you probably wont get that much for maybe more if your luck.if you need some help a list of what sets and condition the cards are in to give you a good value of them

[Image: Legendslugia_LoveWars_banner_1a_by_.png]

Space Pirates thats whats up.Signature credit to ForbiddenWolf19.

Jan 21, 2012    7:31 PM
Away
bigbart1991
Poke-Breeders

442 0 0 0

I am going through them now and most of them are in pretty decent condition. I am not sure how to rate them, can they still be in mint? I just threw a bunch out that were in really crappy/bent condition and putting all my promos/rarer cards in hard card holders.

I also need help with the symbols, I know what the base set/jungle/base set 2 looks like, and fossil/rocket. Idk what the temple, double white stars, the medals, the symbol that sort of looks like an upside down shuckle lol, the other one is harder to describe, it sorrt of looks like double star but flatter or w/e and the top is blue/bottom is white. But if you could tell me what sets/series or whatever they are from it would help greatly.

I have a medium stack of gym leaders i have not gone through yet and a large set of ex/newer cards. I also have a few packs of hg/ss and i think a deck from hs undaunted(says on the box) and a pack of pearl/diamond.

I think I may have some decent cards in the newer packs though like deoxys/jirachi/etc.

Jan 23, 2012    2:16 AM
LegendsLugia
Emergency Dekaranger

477 0 0 0

you need to check both sides.most common thing about the older cards are the back have edge wear pretty fast compared to newer cards if you want to look at symbols there are so many its hard to think off the top of my head but use the internet to search for them bulbapedia has a good list of all sets that are out

Jan 23, 2012    11:53 AM
Away
bigbart1991
Poke-Breeders

442 0 0 0

Thanks, I will go look at buldapedia now. Tbh though from what I can see there isn't much wear to the cards and i threw out a lot of cards with creases in them. I think the only problem with some of the cards is when they bend , like not too bad just when they start to fold from just sitting there. But that was only a few cards and I think I flattened them out after i sorted them . So they all look fine now.

Now will sets have to have a few holo cards in them? Or are the sets with holo cards in them worth more? Going through all of my pokemon cards made me fascinated with them again lol. I may end up collecting my own as well lol.

Jan 23, 2012    4:47 PM
LegendsLugia
Emergency Dekaranger

477 0 0 0

all sets have at least a number of holos.the newer sets have cards in reverse holo and regular holo.so depends which set.like jungle fossil and team rocker there were holo and non-holo versions of them.depends on which holo really if its a complete set it can be worth some money otherwise its useless.most of the older cards from jungle fossil and team rocker dont fetch for alot just specific cards while others like base set and base set 2 will go higher at times.

Jan 23, 2012    7:26 PM
Away
bigbart1991
Poke-Breeders

442 0 0 0

Thanks Legends, I appreciate all the info on all of this. I already gave you a rep for helping me mate. Anyways, if I wanted to create any sets/decks would you suggest any off the top of your head that might be pretty cool to collect?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Connect

Affiliations

We currently have no affiliations.

Apply for Affiliation

Design

PokéSwitch / Dark
Design by Global Trade Station / Artwork by Darside