Global Trade Station
GTS 2019 - Summer Events: Sword & Shield! - Printable Version

+- Global Trade Station (https://www.pokemongts.com)
+-- Forum: Administration (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=99)
+--- Thread: GTS 2019 - Summer Events: Sword & Shield! (/showthread.php?tid=123708)

Pages: 1 2


GTS 2019 - Summer Events: Sword & Shield! - Avia - Jun 22, 2019 11:48 PM

[Image: gts-2019-swordshield-event.jpg]

It's time for our annual event; giving away 3+ copies of Sword & Shield! More may be possible depending on participation!

This year's is a little more simplified. There's only 2 main events to earn points:

1. Trade on GTS, offer anything you're breeding or help others. Any logged trade transaction will count.

2. "GTS Play" game nights. We just had one tonight with: Myself, The Pikachu Mafia, NanoCatalyst, Maris, & Vslightning.

We first played Splatoon 2 on Nintendo Switch, then switched over to Overwatch on PC. We'll be planning more GTS Play game nights throughout the summer, attempting on a weekly basis minimum. Each participation will earn you points towards a lottery draw for the prizes in October.

We're not limited to Splatoon 2 or Overwatch, we're open to game night suggestions on both Nintendo Switch & PC platforms.

Let us know what you think, and we hope to play with you soon!


RE: GTS 2019 - Summer Events: Sword & Shield! - Darside - Jun 23, 2019 8:35 AM

Time to win my copy of the game that will arrive in (4 months) really fast! :^)


RE: GTS 2019 - Summer Events: Sword & Shield! - FlameTheDragon - Jun 23, 2019 2:06 PM

(Jun 23, 2019 8:35 AM)Darside wrote:

Time to win my copy of the game that will arrive in (4 months) really fast! :^)

Can't wait to redirect Darside's prize again play fair and have a good time. Tehehahah


RE: GTS 2019 - Summer Events: Sword & Shield! - Team Plasma N - Jun 23, 2019 6:26 PM

This should be interesting lol. Good luck everyone!


RE: GTS 2019 - Summer Events: Sword & Shield! - Avia - Jun 23, 2019 6:27 PM

I should remind everyone that Smash Brothers isn't restricted. I think many of us have that too.


RE: GTS 2019 - Summer Events: Sword & Shield! - FlameTheDragon - Jun 23, 2019 7:16 PM

(Jun 23, 2019 6:27 PM)Avia wrote:

I should remind everyone that Smash Brothers isn't restricted. I think many of us have that too.
Can we run smash bros tournaments where you get points on placement.


RE: GTS 2019 - Summer Events: Sword & Shield! - Avia - Jun 23, 2019 7:31 PM

Maybe, but how many people can participate?


RE: GTS 2019 - Summer Events: Sword & Shield! - FlameTheDragon - Jun 23, 2019 7:48 PM

(Jun 23, 2019 7:31 PM)Avia wrote:

Maybe, but how many people can participate?
As many as we like we just need to set up a bracket. 1st could get 10p, 2 gets 7p, 3-4 get 5, and 5-8 get 3. We wouldn't need a losers bracket which would save time. We can RNG the match ups.


RE: GTS 2019 - Summer Events: Sword & Shield! - Avia - Jun 23, 2019 8:02 PM

No, no - I just mean many people here. I'm not sure everyone that does participate would have copies. Not sure if we can get more than a few for a Tournament. That's why I asked, hoping those that are interested can reply to confirm.


RE: GTS 2019 - Summer Events: Sword & Shield! - Darside - Jun 23, 2019 11:00 PM

i own smash, so we can definitely try to host a tourney ;0


RE: GTS 2019 - Summer Events: Sword & Shield! - Team Plasma N - Jun 24, 2019 11:01 AM

Also own SmUsh, can participate in that. Ya'll better be on ethernet though. In regards for a tournament we'd prob need to see who else has the game first.


RE: GTS 2019 - Summer Events: Sword & Shield! - Maris - Jun 24, 2019 11:26 AM

Sadly I don't have smash... Just mk and splatoon :T


RE: GTS 2019 - Summer Events: Sword & Shield! - Avia - Jun 24, 2019 12:29 PM

You could borrow TPM’s.


RE: GTS 2019 - Summer Events: Sword & Shield! - Maris - Jun 24, 2019 2:02 PM

(Jun 24, 2019 12:29 PM)Avia wrote:

You could borrow TPM’s.

Or my sister's lol, though before I would do a tournament I would want more practice >_<


RE: GTS 2019 - Summer Events: Sword & Shield! - Avia - Jun 24, 2019 3:55 PM

(Jun 24, 2019 2:02 PM)Maris wrote:

(Jun 24, 2019 12:29 PM)Avia wrote:

You could borrow TPM’s.

Or my sister's lol, though before I would do a tournament I would want more practice >_<

Mine's not even opened, don't get better than me TT_TT


RE: GTS 2019 - Summer Events: Sword & Shield! - FlameTheDragon - Jun 24, 2019 4:05 PM

(Jun 24, 2019 3:55 PM)Avia wrote:

(Jun 24, 2019 2:02 PM)Maris wrote:

(Jun 24, 2019 12:29 PM)Avia wrote:

You could borrow TPM’s.

Or my sister's lol, though before I would do a tournament I would want more practice >_<

Mine's not even opened, don't get better than me TT_TT

Don't worry I'm pretty bad too so we can learn together.


RE: GTS 2019 - Summer Events: Sword & Shield! - Maris - Jun 24, 2019 6:06 PM

(Jun 24, 2019 4:05 PM)FlameTheDragon wrote:

(Jun 24, 2019 3:55 PM)Avia wrote:

(Jun 24, 2019 2:02 PM)Maris wrote:

(Jun 24, 2019 12:29 PM)Avia wrote:

You could borrow TPM’s.

Or my sister's lol, though before I would do a tournament I would want more practice >_<

Mine's not even opened, don't get better than me TT_TT

Don't worry I'm pretty bad too so we can learn together.
Umm well I would have to siphon off one of my siblings in order to play :7


RE: GTS 2019 - Summer Events: Sword & Shield! - Avia - Jun 25, 2019 2:03 PM

That works Maris, I'm also interested to know all the duplicate copies of games you all own. Smash Brothers, Splatoon, Mario Kart, etc.


RE: GTS 2019 - Summer Events: Sword & Shield! - Team Plasma N - Jun 25, 2019 7:28 PM

I mean, were you guys planning on using standard tournament rules, or just a casual for fun tournament?


RE: GTS 2019 - Summer Events: Sword & Shield! - Avia - Jun 25, 2019 7:46 PM

(Jun 25, 2019 7:28 PM)Team Plasma N wrote:

I mean, were you guys planning on using standard tournament rules, or just a casual for fun tournament?

It's just for casual fun, but what are the standard rules?