Global Trade Station
Pokemon Direct / Feb 27: Announces Sword & Shield! - Printable Version

+- Global Trade Station (https://www.pokemongts.com)
+-- Forum: Poké-Lounge (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Poké-News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Pokemon Direct / Feb 27: Announces Sword & Shield! (/showthread.php?tid=123621)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Pokemon Direct / Feb 27: Announces Sword & Shield! - NanoCatalyst - Feb 26, 2019 10:24 AM

We're getting about 7 minutes of new Pokemon info, stating 6am PT on the 27th.

RE: Pokemon Direct Incoming - Caffeine Cup - Feb 26, 2019 11:00 AM

Oh snap, hype train time. Hopefully we'll get to finally see those main series games.

RE: Pokemon Direct Incoming - Avia - Feb 26, 2019 11:02 AM

Oh no, my money....!

RE: Pokemon Direct Incoming - Avia - Feb 26, 2019 10:00 PM

Lol just realized it's 6am PT

Rude awakening Snooty

RE: Pokemon Direct Incoming - NanoCatalyst - Feb 26, 2019 10:27 PM

Yep.
Totally going to be stuck in a conference room watching a completely different and much more boring presentation at that time.

RE: Pokemon Direct Incoming - Caffeine Cup - Feb 26, 2019 10:33 PM

I have to give a presentation for senior design tomorrow, but that's not until noon so at 9am I'm free to sleep in watch the presentation!

RE: Pokemon Direct Incoming - NanoCatalyst - Feb 26, 2019 10:56 PM

I'm stuck in a 4 day design training session. Send help.

RE: Pokemon Direct Incoming - FlameTheDragon - Feb 27, 2019 4:37 AM

School has busses canceled due to the weather So I can stay home and watch

RE: Pokemon Direct Incoming - Avia - Feb 27, 2019 6:46 AM

Nooo! Kids must be in school Ignoring

RE: Pokemon Direct Incoming - Avia - Feb 27, 2019 6:55 AM

Live Stream link:

RE: Pokemon Direct Incoming - Avia - Feb 27, 2019 7:05 AM

[Image: pkm-sword-shield.png]

Pokemon Sword & Shield!

RE: Pokemon Direct Incoming - Avia - Feb 27, 2019 7:06 AM

I love the starters!

[Image: pkm-galar-starters.png]

RE: Pokemon Direct Incoming - FlameTheDragon - Feb 27, 2019 7:15 AM

I like the region, the starters are meh, the titles I really dislike, or at least their current logo. I hope they change the logo. I like the industrial areas, they seem cool. The scene in the cave was also cool. I have some hope for it.

RE: Pokemon Direct Incoming - Avia - Feb 27, 2019 7:16 AM

I love the titles and I love how cute the starters are. BUT! They've turned ugly before so, I need to see the final evolutions XD

RE: Pokemon Direct Incoming - FlameTheDragon - Feb 27, 2019 7:18 AM

The look of the game and the wolf in the titles kinda make me think it will involve a werewolf.

RE: Pokemon Direct Incoming - Avia - Feb 27, 2019 7:22 AM

Oh it looks like they brought back random encounters? They don't seem to run around in the real world like with Let's Go Wut!?

RE: Pokemon Direct Incoming - Caffeine Cup - Feb 27, 2019 7:33 AM

(Feb 27, 2019 7:15 AM)FlameTheDragon wrote:

I like the region, the starters are meh, the titles I really dislike, or at least their current logo. I hope they change the logo. I like the industrial areas, they seem cool. The scene in the cave was also cool. I have some hope for it.

I actually really like the logos, the titles are okay. I would have preferred if they stayed with colors, gems, or rare-earth metals, but they deviated away from that a long time ago lol.

I'm all for Game Freak trying some new things, but I hope they keep classic battle/encounter mechanics. I'd also like to see a higher difficulty level in this game (having a hard/pro mode where trainers have more Pokemon on higher levels, smarter AI, and wild encounters are more difficult would be awesome). If they find a way to delete Z moves and mega evolution in the process then I'd also be eternally grateful. Finally, I want a mean rival that I love to hate, not some wimpy kid who heals me every .0067 seconds. Suspicious

RE: Pokemon Direct Incoming - Avia - Feb 27, 2019 7:35 AM

No thoughts on the encounter, TPM?

RE: Pokemon Direct Incoming - Caffeine Cup - Feb 27, 2019 7:38 AM

From what I saw it looks like they're keeping random encounters, which I applaud. One of my favorite aspects about pokemon is that the encounters are random; you never know what you're going to go up against and if your team is weak you can't just cheese your way to the nearest pokemon center without buying items (like repels) to help you. From a lore perspective, how is tall grass supposed to be dangerous without your own pokemon if you can see wild pokemon from a mile away?

RE: Pokemon Direct Incoming - Avia - Feb 27, 2019 7:42 AM

(Feb 27, 2019 7:38 AM)The Pikachu Mafia wrote:

From what I saw it looks like they're keeping random encounters, which I applaud. One of my favorite aspects about pokemon is that the encounters are random; you never know what you're going to go up against and if your team is weak you can't just cheese your way to the nearest pokemon center without buying items (like repels) to help you. From a lore perspective, how is tall grass supposed to be dangerous without your own pokemon if you can see wild pokemon from a mile away?

Ehh, I don't really agree with this since we can run away. It just makes the game feel more like a grind, and personally I'm more on edge with the surprise encounters. I enjoyed Let's Go more just because I know what's coming. Heck! I even Shiny hunted! Something I never did in past games.

That and with the Pokemon roaming the real world, it helps with the game play's immersion.